new 40 gallon mixed reef

atxmandarin

my mag 9.5 just almost overflowed my tank, i have 2 u-tubes on an 800 gph overflow with a single flex hose drain and i have the 9.5 ballvalved wayyyy down i dont understand why this dang thing wont drain faster, i think it has to do with the wave...

i think it would have to be the wave. mine overflowed lastnight. i was messing with the return and i hit the bell on the gurgle buster overflow and it was up to high then the vortch on wave mode pushed a couple gallons out of the tank. ugh it sucks when that happens.

800gph is pretty good for the 40g and you have the mag throttled down rite? maybe use a mag7 vs the 9.5 and then you can run it wide open. i have a 7 not being used if you want to give it a try. i switched to the sicce syncra 3.0

so i worked on the tank last night (go figure) i swapped the berlin skimmer for a super small footprint escopps skimmer thus eliminating my mag 7 from the sump...or so i thought, i then hung a dual 3/4 inch drain overflow box on the back to replace the single drain and low and behold....the mag 7 runs full out with no problem of overflowing even with just one U tube. so no more big, noisy and hot mag 9.5 to slow me down, only real projects left, 1.get refugium chamber plumbed and running 2. rebuild canopy 3. plumb in the UV sterilizer

i think at some point someone told me "mike thats gonna be too much light" i said yea....unless you know what you are doing... haha well i can say this is my favorite tank i have ever set up, cant wait to see it in 6 months, few goodies to add and still need to finish the canopy but over all id say this build is coming to an end its time to watch it grow!

killed 5 dispar anthias, 2 probably died of other causes, but ive got beef with him so im sayin he did it, he could be yours, i hear you have some ballasts i reserved, we should work something out before i leave town tuesday night

Btw mike let me know what Texan game you want to go to. Noticed your avatar. I have season tickets. Not really a fan was just givin season tickets by a woman I do some work for in Houston she has a client that buys them for her, so she gives them to me. They are 30yrd line club level

lol, i normally go to one or 2 games at the end of the season, and i always go to the bucs (my team) preseason game. i have a buddy that i give a game or 2 too. and the rest either go to clients or go unused.

i found a very fuzzy nudibranch, redish-brown and orange in color, also noticed my tank was at 72 this morning, i turned the heater up just a bit and have the nudibranch held hostage in a tupperware, i noticed no other nudi's but will be watching extra close for them, lucky for me most of my livestock are wrasse that pick at my rock constantly, hopefully they takeout any others i dont find

veryyyyyy interested, slight tissue decay on the right hand side of my purple/pink valeda acro this morning, think i need more flow, the wave box isnt enough afterall, anyone wanna trade for an mp10? anyway im gonna tinker with it, i tested water this morning all my parameters are in check soooo we'll see i guess