Salt Group Buy at RCA

Bry

Just checking for responses at this point:

I know one just happened but I came on board here too late to get in. At this point I'm just curious if anyone wants to get in on another Group Buy at River City Aquatics. How's my timing?

I haven't called them for the deal but viewing past posts it appears the goal is 20 containers of a particular brand. I'm hoping for Red Sea but I'm flexible.

What do you think? I'll set it up if I get anough replies. Otherwise I'll wait a month or two and try again.

What do you guys with smaller tanks do with these big buckets? Doesn't the salt clump together from the humidity? I was told to buy smaller bags/buckets (50 gallon size) to avoid this but obviously the cost to pound ratio is better with the big guys.

Some of the top layer clumps, but it's never caused problems for me. I typically make 20g or so, so it takes a while to go through it.

It's all in a plastic bag BTW, so you can tie it off and limit the amount of surface area.

Great then! I could be in for a bucket. Is there much a diff between Coralife and Red Sea?

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1714505

Has info on Ca/Alk/Mg for bunches of salts.

In the grand scheme of things, they are all, IMO, about the same. Some may need more supplementation than others for those 3 parameters.

Cost wise, I can't comment. Never used anything but RSCP.

http://www.reefcentr...d.php?t=1714505

Has info on Ca/Alk/Mg for bunches of salts.

In the grand scheme of things, they are all, IMO, about the same. Some may need more supplementation than others for those 3 parameters.

Cost wise, I can't comment. Never used anything but RSCP.

Thanks! I'll keep watching this thread for developments. It looks like RCSP last time went for $44.99+tax. It'd be nice to see that number again.

Um, I don't know how long these things usually take to put together, but I'm filling my tank this weekend so I need it by then.

At this point I only have 12 buckets worth. I doubt I'll be able to order fast enough for this weekend. Sorry.

For those who didn't clarify a brand or type of salt, I will assume you want whatever is getting us up to 20 of the same bucket faster. At this point I have 2 buckets of Red Sea and 2 buckets of RS Coral Pro. The rest have no prefernce stated. Let me know if you have a preference or I will assume you'll take whatever gets us to 20. If I can get around 18 buckets I'll call RCA for a price and possibly an order if the pricing looks good like last time.

Thanks,

Bryan

Well guys, I think I'm goint to wait another couple of weeks on this one. After a few days we're only up to 10 and that's with a few "maybe's". Unless I get more responses right away I'll save all of you and myself from delaying plans on needed salt. I'm sure I'm just a little too close to the prevous group buy to get a strong response at this point so time will help us.

Here's what I had including the "maybe's" and luckenbach's need to do it by this weekend:

Me : 2 any brand

Mindflux 1 Red Sea Coral Pro

Woods 1

RobR75 1 Red Sea coral Pro

Salt Dreams 3

lmluckenbach 2

Robb in Austin 1 Red Sea Coral Pro

Myvirtue 3 Red Sea

14 so far if I could have gotten by this weekend.

What do you guys with smaller tanks do with these big buckets? Doesn't the salt clump together from the humidity? I was told to buy smaller bags/buckets (50 gallon size) to avoid this but obviously the cost to pound ratio is better with the big guys.

Coralife is in three bags inside the bucket, kinda handy. The bags are heavy duty ziplocs so you can seal them up if you only want to use part of it.