Salt Group Buy at RCA

Bry

just keeping it up to date:

5x RSCP

3x RS

6x not stated (which I'll assume is a wild card for whatever we need)

6x Coralife

If we all picked the same thing we'd be ready for an order but I have to have at least 20 of the same brand so RCA or whoever can buy in bulk. I'll keep monitoring this to see what happens.

Edit: found a salt mix analysis report from '08 if anyone is interested. I cut out any non-chart info to keep the size down.

AWT_Salt_Analysis_0208.pdf

Edit: found a salt mix analysis report from '08 if anyone is interested. I cut out any non-chart info to keep the size down.

Thanks for the data Bryan. For a non-engineer, can someone translate his/her main reason for the three different brands of salt to order here - not to open a bucket of worms, sort of speak. I plan to join in on something.

I like coralife because its high in magnesium (1,400) which is important to me, kh is high (12), and Ca is high (500) when mixed at 1.026. There are other good brands too, I've been using coralife for a couple of months now and I dont want to change it up.

I just checked the chart and coralife is higher in Mag, Ca, Alk, Iodine, and potassium than red sea and red sea pro. It also has less copper. Are you sure you guys don't want to change you minds and go with the coralife?

I'm no engineer here either so I mainly paid attention to ammonia, nitrate, phosphate and copper (had no idea copper was built into our salt mixes). I just wanted to know which mix was the "dirtiest", but the answer won't really persuade me much on choice.

Some of the good ingredients I feel I get largely from Kalk to cover any insufficiencies in the salt mix. Here's my deal though, I only have a few hardy soft corals. I'm mostly fish and rock at the moment so I'm not at the point of dealing with high calcium, stront/moly/potas/etc needs.

what is the group pricing?i prefer coralife or red sea been using coralife for the past 14 months and have great results not to mention no silt like i used to get with red sea. i used it for 2 years and had a nice 2 inch layer of it on top of my miracle mud in the fuge when i broke it down.

It's time for me to get some salt and get this group buy going if possible. I am going to call Jake at RCA tomorrow (not there tonight) and get some details.

To catch more people's attention, I'm going to start a new thread after that call.

So for now let's kill this one and keep an eye out for the new post if you are interested at this time. Thanks guys.