Greenmako's Blog

Greenmako

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian- The tank is just beautiful. It has come a long way in the past year and it was awesome even then. I am sure that people here on ARC would be happy to help you out on the crowding issue via some fragging :dribble:

Thank you it has evolved a lot over the year I'm happy they way its headed

The green birdsnest in post three is about 50 times bigger than when it began. It's really a testament to the devotion that you give to your tank. Great job!

Thanks, I know how big each and every coral was in my tank but I'm glad I have photos of most of them when I got them to compare the growth b/c sometimes you forget. lol

As usual simply amazing! I know that it is getting crowded in your tank, but if your garage ever gets crowded I can help. If you know what I mean.

I think you should submit your tank for TOTM on Reefcentral.

Are you going to make your old reactor a MAG reactor?

LOL yea I know what you mean its stuffy in there not much room

I think on RC that someone has to nominate your tank or something like that but we shall see

My old reactor I will most likely sell, need to recoup some money lol

Wow. Simply Wow. I just skimmed through your end-of-year update and the tank looks fantastic! Great job! I am not a big SPS fan, but looking at your tank could change my mind B)

Thanks, don't get hooked by the sps bug b/c its a very expensive a never ending habit :dribble:

• 4 weeks later...

got the new reactor working and producing good numbers here is a shot of the beast rocking and rolling

254933239_8DLwy-O.jpg

Mike (Mojo) came over and brought his PAR meter with him so I got to get some PAR numbers on my tank. Following what Mike told me did on his picture, numbers that are larger are closer to the front of the tank vice versa

I didn't make an image with values for when the VHO's were the only bulbs on but the numbers are:

72" VHO above water value was: 425

just below water value: 180

24" VHO above water value was: 250

just below water value: 156

Below values on the FTS are with all VHO's and MH's on. I did the readings with both Radiums and 10k reeflux bulbs both were very similar in numbers.

Starting from right to left the ballasts go regular electric, 430 electric, 430 electric, regular electric.

256723756_8nJai-O.jpg

Thanks Mike for coming over and chatting reef and taking some par values!

sweet. That PAR meter is way too cool! BTW is there a PAR rating you are shooting for? Or is it just as high as possible?

Nope not shooting for any specific number but it will help me know when my bulbs are old and I was just wondering what my values where lol

Way Cool! Someday I hope to get a PAR map for my tank. :D

That reactor is awesome. I wish I could have gotton your old one, but I already have a ca reactor.

Yea they are the best calcium reactors that I have ever used wouldn't got back to any others. I want to buy me a PAR meter now LOL

• 3 months later...

haven't updated the thread in a while been super busy but here is an updated FTS. I re-did the bulbs I'm now running: Radium, 10k, 10k, Radium.

I also raised my lights up to slow the growth down a bit but it hasn't seemed to stop it lol

Shot from March 14, 2008

245798184_bjRfn-L.jpg

New shot from today May 21, 2008

299259634_quKSG-L.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I've had a great run....but as of late I find I just don't have the time nor the passion I once had for my tank. I had a rough last couple of months and b/c of alk issues I have lost quite a bit of coral. So very soon I will have everything for sale. I may be out now but I'm sure I will be back in the future, as I just need a break now.

Peace out and happy reefing!

-Brian