Annual Port A Collection Trip

Cool find! Where did you collect her?

Any algae this year?

Did Chris break out his bikini?

Sorry we couldn't make it this time.

We found her while we were out collecting on the jetty. Hopefully you guys can make it next year. No...guess Chris decided to leave the bikini at home :D

How about a report and some pics?!

It was nice and relaxing. We rented a house with Mizeny, Jose and Dena and Jason. No algae around this year, which was sort of a bummer because Dena and I were hoping to catch a couple of anglers. We also visited Fire it Ceramics with Dena and Jason and loved it. Chad hired a guide and we took the kids bay fishing...caught quite a bit, but they were all throw backs :(

Saturday morning we all took a trip over to St. Jo Island, enjoyed the beach and did some surf fishing. We caught quite a few including a couple of good sized crabs that refused to let go of our bait. A few of us ended up sunburned again, but nothing compared to last year. That afternoon, we attended the MAAST BBQ and speaker get togehter and then met up with everyone on the jetties. The water was rough this year and the rocks were pretty slippery...I should know as I slipped and almost busted my butt. Patti the puffer was one of the very first things I caught. There were tons of shrimp out and about. On our way home, we all made a pit stop over at Gulf Coast Reef and brought back a little something.

All of the pics I posted were taken on St. Jo's Island. The only exception was the one of the kids standing on a concrete platform which was next to the main island.

We missed having y'all out there. However, we did get to see Chris and a friend of his out on the jetty.

post-398-0-10152200-1311133386_thumb.jpg

post-398-0-78549600-1311133406_thumb.jpg

post-398-0-15717500-1311133424_thumb.jpg

post-398-0-61632600-1311133437_thumb.jpg

post-398-0-82975000-1311133447_thumb.jpg

post-398-0-28442000-1311133479_thumb.jpg

post-398-0-49004900-1311133489_thumb.jpg