Updates!!!

cMidd

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so...due to me not having any idea what i am doing - i ran out of bbs and should have some around 5pm ish tonight. so in desperation i shredded some Hikari Frozen Mysis.....first with a potato peeler off the frozen cube then i minced it with a knife, and i had about 6-8 fry eat mysis. maybe beginners luck? ;) just need to hatch the stupid bbs.

and the fry tank::::

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

if anyone has any advice please dont hesitate to tell me i am WRONG in whatever im doing, i think so far ive had beginners luck!! let me know what you think and sorry the updates took so long

Hey Collin!!

GREAT job...you boys are skoolin' ole Mama!! What is see Collin is that you do have lots of green algae that could be caused by old bulbs? or too many nutrients because of the excessive amount of food the ponies need. I had the same problem and I see you have LOTS of algae on the roots of the mangroves...I would keep those clean or maybe even remove them from the tank for a little while to see if that helps the problem. Now, the algae never hurt my ponies, but it looked like ca-ca to me, the OCD clean one... ;) Also reducing the amount of time the tank lights are on will help and no sunny windows....KUDOS on the cyclopeeze!!!!! That is a record!!

Hey Collin did you not feed yours for a while when you added the Cyclopees? Or did they just take right to it even after a recent feeding??

Congrats on getting them that far already! Frozen mysis is the step I'm DREADING!!!!!

Btw, the tanks look *tony the tiger voice* GURRRRRRRRRRRREAT!

they hadn't eaten fresh bbs (mightve been some still swimming but I didnt see any) in about ehh.....over 12 hours. you can tell their starving when they are ALL hitched on to the fake macro or thhe screen divider....but that is essentially what i did, i had to go to RCA to buy the cyclopeeze, and since it looks just like bbs if you can keep it at the surface like bbs they will destroy it. now i am mixing it with the bbs, to confuse them and megawin. but they still are eating both. pretty good stuff.

What I did for my 2 babies to get them on frozen mysis is temporarily place one of my adults in there with them and it was "monkey see, monkey do!!" They do follow each other's lead...BUT my babies were BIGGER...be careful if you do this that the adult will not eat tiny fry...

ok i guess its update time for today, all the fry are eating cyclopeez, some have eaten shaved mysis, and the parents have now finally recognized my hand to where i stick it in to do anything and they come latch on me. its pretty cool.

the one question i suppose i have it...what is an LED fixture, and price, that i can get to replace my T5HO sundial, the middle ballast set went out and i have no idea how to fix it there is water damage. so what to get to keep acans alive ;)

so for today i guess,

the fry are eating a cyclopeeze mixed with enriched BBS and it is mostly cyclopeeze, i am just trying to use the rest of the bbs. i think sometime next week depending on their growth i will introduce Mysis and make it their staple diet. i am trying to get some H2O mini mysis, so when i get that, that's when the mysis will be implemented