Updates!!!

cMidd

time for an update....the main tank is doing good. I upgraded my lights, went from a sundial t5ho 96w fixture, to now having 2 par38 LED with a "supplemental" 12w panorama actinic strip. it is AWESOME. i am installing these into a platform in the morning and turning them on.

as far as the lights go, i am going to do a crossing diagonal shot, so one light on each side faced towards each other at like a 130 degree angle, to maximize the beam and to lesson the "spotlight" effect, also to put more distance between the initial bulb and the final resting place. these are VERY bright....if you have never seen one it's worth the surprise. i will post pics in the morning!

eventually, i will be running around 6 stunner "UV" lights, as well. hopefully all turns out well. the par's are about 15" from the water.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to move those acans to the sand bed and slowly raise them up into the rockwork over a matter of weeks, in order for them to adjust to your new lights. They look a bit stressed in the picture, and LPS in general do not like super bright lights.

ok...this ones for all my haters *cough*james and brooks*cough*:gun:

IMG_0832.jpg

i get back from where i was at, and 3 hours makes a huge difference (+i shaded them)

they look fantastic if you ask me.

soon to come is Rainbow acans for sale....my 2 headed rainbow i bought at RCA months ago is now a 8 headed monster :D

Yes I know.... I had just thrown them in and I think they had been out of Irsixx tank for a bit prior to that. They were just stressing. I think they look nice...I'm contemplating moving my rainbows into there and outta my reef

• 3 weeks later...

ok so after a bout a month of slowing down, i redid my aquascape a week ago and am letting my plants grow out. moved some things around, everyone is healthy, expecting a ton of fry in the morning. let me know what yall think, i finally like it (for the most part)

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

tube worms on my chaeto, thank you cory! :)

IMG_0950.jpg

blue acans (look good!)

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

dragons breath(growing outta control! and my rainbow acans that look like doodoo)

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

i lifted my par38's from around 7" off my water and they are now 24-26" off the water....the pictures really don't do this lighting justice. it's a glossy shimmer look.

im looking into getting stunner strips...but will they be ok 24" above the water?