Announcing the July meeting.

dapettit

Come Join us on Saturday July 24, 2010

JamesL aka seahorsejl aka James Lee has volunteered to host the June meeting in his home.

The details:

July 24, 2010 at 1 p.m.

There will be no topic. Yes we know this is the same weekend as the MAAST Port A Collection Trip.

It's been great seeing so many new faces mixed in with the regulars at each meeting. This will be another great meeting to hang out and put a face to that avatar. If you have not yet attended one please consider a visit.

All are welcome to attend. Please let us know you are coming by replying to this thread. Hope to see everyone there.

Premium Membership cards will be avaiable at the meeting too. Please see Robin Pettit for your card. If you are not a Premium Member this what you are missing for just $10.00:

By supporting Austin Reef Club you receive:

• Premium Membership Card
  • 10% discount on livestock at Aquatek.
  • 10% discount on livestock and dry goods at River City Aquatics.
  • How to get your Premium Membership Card.
  • Extended topic title/post editing (Unlimited instead of 60 min).
  • Boosts PM storage to 200 messages, allows PM attachments and up to 5 participants per conversation.
  • Up to 5 images allowed in signatures (500px x 100px each).
  • Removes search flood control.
  • No size limit for post attachments.
  • Allows you to give out 10 rep points (instead of 5) daily.
  • Ability to change display name once per month.
  • Sneak peaks and testing of new features being added to ARC.
  • The "I support ARC" badge on posts.

There are no refunds.

If you would like to bring food or drinks please send me (dapettit) a PM

Edited by JamesL
Time change; clarified directions.

Come one, come all to the wonderful out-skirts of Buda :)

I must admit, my tank is not the best looking at the moment, due to a scorching from new light bulbs. But you are really coming for the social aspect, right? :)

I will provide some munchies and drinks.

I will also update the initial post with some details driving directions inside the neighborhood to help navigate the silly gates we have (google maps tend to try to take you through an exit only gate).

Maybe Mark can give me a lesson on water changes :)

Thanks James. Will my GPS bring in an exit gate?

Probably... our GPS always tries to take us out it. I will post the directions up in a moment.

Maybe Mark can give me a lesson on water changes ;)

becareful what you ask for James.. .your liable to get spandex and a pink boa for the water change exercise!! LOL

:doh: I think if people saw me in that the club might dissolve!

Plan on attending.

wayneb

any easier way from hwy 21/150?

Whenever we head out towards Bastrop, we take the 130/45 toll road. If you go south on it from 71 it will dump you in downtown Buda at the Cabelas. From there you can take Main street/967 out towards our house.

BTW, in case folks didn't know the area... the Salt Lick BBQ is 6 miles down 967 past our subdivision :) Remember it is cash only (they do have an ATM on site) and BYOB. We have other plans in the evening, else I would arrange a post meeting dinner meet-up :)

BTW, in case folks didn't know the area... the Salt Lick BBQ is 6 miles down 967 past our subdivision :) Remember it is cash only (they do have an ATM on site) and BYOB. We have other plans in the evening, else I would arrange a post meeting dinner meet-up :jump:

I have never been to the Salt Lick and would love to go!!

If you haven't attended a meeting or justing sitting on the fence, I would encourage you to attend. Then afterwards you can eat some of the best BBQ in Central Texas at the Salt Lick.

well due to the incident i wont eb able to make it. maybe next month. Yall have fun and take pics.

Very much understood. Rest up!

James,

Do you need us to bring anything, drinks, snakcs, table, chairs, etc?

Dave-

I am good on chairs/tables (doesn't look to be a blockbuster crowd due to end of summer :lol:. I was going to provide some iced tea, cookies, and some bread/dip. You are more than welcome to bring more if you want.