Phophate test kit

Timfish

Whose phosphate test kit is the best? I guess I could look through previous threads but I'm lazy and besides something new may have come out. I've been using La Mottes for years and have been happy with it.

Yep...I have the hanna phosphate photometer and it works great. No more trying to decide which color is in the test vial vs. what's on the card.

And, hanna is coming out with an ultra low range one too!

Yep...I have the hanna phosphate photometer and it works great. No more trying to decide which color is in the test vial vs. what's on the card.

How much was it?

Don't get the API, the first three colors on the card are almost identical...hard to read unless your phos are really high.

I know that 0 is optimal but what is acceptable?

How much was it?

Don't get the API, the first three colors on the card are almost identical...hard to read unless your phos are really high.

I know that 0 is optimal but what is acceptable?

$50. LMK if you want one as I'm thinking of setting up a GB for the ultra low range one.

SPS tank, phosphates should be less than .04.

I like the D&D aquatics high sensitivity kit (Merck test method from Deltec). The range is from 0 to 0.1 and it's best to stay below 0.045 which a lot of kits won't measure to any level of accuracy. Usually run about $90 but they have over 100 tests and last forever.

50 bucks....that's it? Put me down for one

that's how much the old phosphate one was. I imagine pricing will be about the same.

$50 to never have to read colors again..SOLD!

heck yeah..I hate colors....

'Been thinking about this and it may seem silly and ya'all may laugh at me but I'm guessing some of you already are anyway. :D I test maybe once a year for phosphate and if I get a wild hair and go to test and the batteries are dead and I have to stop what I'm doing to track down some batteries it's going to just really irritate me so count me out.

'Been thinking about this and it may seem silly and ya'all may laugh at me but I'm guessing some of you already are anyway. :D I test maybe once a year for phosphate and if I get a wild hair and go to test and the batteries are dead and I have to stop what I'm doing to track down some batteries it's going to just really irritate me so count me out.

batteries...or reading a color chart....hmm....

batteries...or reading a color chart....hmm....

If your my age reading a color chart is nearly impossible. ;)