Getting Rid of GSP

achen

I got a large rock that my green star polyps are invading and sting a SPS frag nearby. I would just give the GSP rock to someone but it is a base rock that supports a couple of rocks.

Has anyone have any success getting them off the rock while it is in the tank? I have read people have been able to go under them with a razor and then peeling them off. I'm not sure it is that simple. Is it?

Can you remove the rock? If so your best bet is to scrub the GSP with a brush under hot tap water. I've successfully killed zoas, mushrooms, unwanted montis, acros, gsp and pug dogs using this method.

That's the problem. I can't really remove the rock without messing with most of the other rocks in the tank. It's a small 10G. I'll see if I can get under it with a razor and just slowly peel it off.

Can you remove the rock? If so your best bet is to scrub the GSP with a brush under hot tap water. I've successfully killed zoas, mushrooms, unwanted montis, acros, gsp and pug dogs using this method.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

I've successfully killed... pug dogs using this method.

he's testing me. Animal Cruelty is a major indicating factor of spousal abuse....blink.gif

+1 for peeling GSP off. It usually comes off in sheets.

Peel it off if you can, but if that doesn't work you're going to have to scrub it off with a stiff brush or your fingernail. My recommendation is get rid of it before it takes over the whole tank. :)

Peel it off if you can, but if that doesn't work you're going to have to scrub it off with a stiff brush or your fingernail. My recommendation is get rid of it before it takes over the whole tank. :)

+1

even when you think you get it all out. It Will come back.

FWIW, I have never had success trying to peel this stuff off of rock work. The mat always tears into a million tiny pieces when I try it. If you just need to clear a small area or push a leading edge back, try using a plastic stoneware scraper. The plastic is hard enough to take some abuse against the rock, and it does a fairly decent job of scraping the GSP off the rock. However, James nailed it when he said this was an iterative process because any small remnants will grow back, and I'll echo the votes for running carbon when doing this.

Yeah, my mistake was I left this tiny piece alone months ago instead of working at it to remove it. Now I have to deal with it. I know it will take multiple tries to get them all off the rock. Thanks for the advice on the stoneware scraper.