Another Big Problem

polarbear

i dont think they are any kind of pod. they killed the birdsnest and are working on the encrusting gorgonian coral. the encrusting gorgonian coral hasnt been out all afternoon since i been home and i see these little things every once in a while running over it and hiding in the rock

+1 on small crustacean and likely not the source of your coral loss.

Our captive reefs need a good guard dog. A possum, sixline or mystery would be of good size. If those critters are out during the day, they'd be dead meat!!

You might consider reducing the number of less functional fish, if it is a reef you are most interested in growing.

Definitely no Nudibranchs. The look like slugs. Look like Mysis to me too. I would concur that they were not the cause but the clean up crew. I would look to your parameters for the cause. Also DO NOT put a Mandarin in a 29 unless you want to watch it slowly starve. A six line will work but eventually outgrow the tank. Most people don't realize they get up to 6".

well i decided since the new bugs (or what I thought were bugs) are really not bugs at all, I would just let it be until i set up my new tank after the move. As for the flat worms, I havent seen anymore since I sucked them off of the leather coral. I kept at it for a couple of nights. I know that there is probably more in the rock work (or maybe not) but i didnt want to chance killing anything else. Besides, most seem to think the flat worms are not the bad ones so ill just do manual removing at this time. thanks to everyone who helped me out.

Edited by polarbear