Mangrove Seeds

Derek

I'm looking for a good way to export nitrogen compounds from my system. I have been trying chaeto but it does not seem to grow very fast and seems to just collect detritus. I have heard some good things about mangroves and would like to give them a try.

Does anyone know where I can buy two or three mangrove seeds from?

Not sure where you can get seeds from, but i've got 6 still sprouting seedlings in a HOB filter for my 7.5G tank, if you want 2-3 of mine (originally from reefcleaners.org) and can pick them up you're welcome to them.

That being said, mangroves grow slower than chaeto, and from what i've read they do best with a daily mist of fresh water to wash off the salt that accumulates. Mine have been in place for about 2 weeks and there has been little upward growth and not a whole lot in terms of root growth either, though their lighting is somewhat less than ideal.

Hey Derek...did you see the above post by muddyblue?? That's a GREAT deal...better than what I can get them at...I might want in and I think Vash needs some too!!

Sweet, I'll go for some $1 mangroves.

Hi. I'd like to jump in on this and get 10 or so. If I need to get more or less to get the right number to order, so be it, but please include me. Assuming I am not too late, if I am, I can wait.

Thanks.

Jim

Hey guys....I still have the bucket of mangroves and only 1 person has picked theirs up...I am packed full this weekend, so this is what I can do....I will leave the bucket on my front porch because it is a nice day....please reply to this thread and tell me you have picked yours up so I can keep track....I will bring the bucket in when it gets too cold this evening....

Hey guys....I still have the bucket of mangroves and only 1 person has picked theirs up...I am packed full this weekend, so this is what I can do....I will leave the bucket on my front porch because it is a nice day....please reply to this thread and tell me you have picked yours up so I can keep track....I will bring the bucket in when it gets too cold this evening....

Same deal for tomorrow....no one showed up at all today??...and you called Vash!!!...by Monday, they are $5 each....I'll be collecting....:)