RCA 1ST ANNUAL CARLOS' BIRTHDAY SALE!!!- JULY 18TH

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't find the e-mail. If you are on the RCA e-mail list you should have it.

Basicly it will be like going to the post office. You will be given a number and when your number is called you will be able to get your livestock. I'm not sure if this includes dry goods. This way people don't get trampled on or butted in front of.

If anyone has this e-mail could you post the part about the ticket system.

Dave-

2009 RCA ANNUAL CARLOS’ BIRTHDAY SALE!!!

SATURDAY, JULY 18TH 11AM-8PM

Dear Friends,

In the tradition of Austin “weirdness”, I’d like to honor RCA’s founding father, Mr. Carlos Cardenas! Join us for a new RCA tradition; I would like to invite you to our 1st Annual Carlos’ Birthday Sale! The sale will be Saturday, July 18th from 11am to 8pm. Come join us for free hamburgers, door prizes, great discounts, activities for the kids, and a roasted pig!

Our livestock tanks will be overflowing! We have multiple huge orders of saltwater livestock consisting of hand-selected fish, Australian corals, Limited Edition corals, and inverts. We are receiving several new orders of African cichlids and discus; our selection will be the largest it has been all year.

Precision Marine will be joining us in the festivities. If you haven’t experienced the quality work of Precision Marine’s tricked out reef equipment, this would be a great opportunity. They will be here with protein skimmers, sumps, refugiums, calcium reactors…the list goes on. Check out their full line at www.precisionmarine.com.

We will be using a take-a-number system this sale. This should allow everyone a fair chance to grab livestock and Door Buster items. Tickets will be handed out at the front door. When your number is called, one of our staff members will assist you in making your livestock selections. Feel free to browse the dry goods, speak with our knowledgeable reps, or enjoy the free food and activities while you wait. Remember, Door Busters are only available while supplies last. We have limited the Door Buster items to one per family, so be sure to get there early.

We hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

Jake Wand and the RCA Crew

hey everyone,

jake is going to issue numbers for this sale to help with crowd control. Numbers will be handed out starting at 9:00am Saturday morning. First person in line gets the first number and will get first dibs with the livestock. Second person gets second number and so on. All customers will be allowed into the fishroom, but you will only be helped once your number is called. To make this work, we will not be able to hold any livestock. Every item is first come, first served. Jake will have over 15 people working the fishroom so that means we will be able to serve 15 numbers at a time. The numbers are for the fishroom only, everyone is welcome to shop the drygoods, visit with the vendors and take advantage of all the free food and drinks while you are waiting for your number to get called.

I picked up an Aussie Orange Fungia Plate with blue tips. It looked awesome and I had to get it pre-sale, cause I am pretty sure it was going to be gone by the time I showed up tomorrow.

Jake had a lot of great stuff. A whole bunch of new corals and a bunch of different types of fish.

Good luck to those who brave the madness tomorrow. I may go back to see the aftermath tomorrow. :)