FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

Oh, growth shot since everything has been happy since the beginning of the year.

Feb 6 - April 18th... Roughly 2.5 months.  I frag so much it's hard to do these growth shots but this one was on my do not frag list so good one to track growth. [emoji16]4734e56f00803ef7e813dd909fcc2b5a.jpg1cc6d4d24acb8e92b7493daff2bc989b.jpg

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Chris_ATX said:

I’m going to need a pack soon. The 2 pieces I got from you for testers plus the 4 from Houston are doing great.

Come on by Chris, you're just right down the road!  Glad the testers are doing great and that sweet SC Orange Passion too!

14 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Come on by Chris, you're just right down the road!  Glad the testers are doing great and that sweet SC Orange Passion too!

Sounds good.

I actually got 2 of the Orange Passion from him. The first one he originally cut started to STN before I picked it up. It has since recovered.

2 minutes ago, Chris_ATX said:

Sounds good.

I actually got 2 of the Orange Passion from him. The first one he originally cut started to STN before I picked it up. It has since recovered.

Oh excellent!  If you're interested in moving it along, I'm looking for one.  We can work out something with the frags you buy from me.

22 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Oh excellent!  If you're interested in moving it along, I'm looking for one.  We can work out something with the frags you buy from me.

That would work for me. I’ll let you know when I free to stop by and pick some stuff out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

But Ty, I thought you bought a SC OP at the last austin frag swap!

I got a 3rd one coming too!  I'll get to the bottom of it... Just like my 4 different pearlberries.

No fooling... No gel filters... No saturation boost... No DSLR magic as I snapped it with my android phone... Just ATI T5s and SBREEF actinic bars... WYSIRL (what you see in real life)!  Wow!  I've always had them under LEDs or LEDs with supplemental T5s but under mainly T5s with actinic bars... Its mesmerizing!  Colorado Sunburst!  Wow!a183c572936d8fb57b532e4455c1cddf.jpg

• Like 2

No fooling... No gel filters... No saturation boost... No DSLR magic as I snapped it with my android phone... Just ATI T5s and SBREEF actinic bars... WYSIRL (what you see in real life)!  Wow!  I've always had them under LEDs or LEDs with supplemental T5s but under mainly T5s with actinic bars... Its mesmerizing!  Colorado Sunburst!  Wow!a183c572936d8fb57b532e4455c1cddf.jpg
See? Who needs a fancy DSLR camera lol.

1 minute ago, Good Greef said:
On 4/19/2018 at 10:47 PM, FarmerTy said:

See? Who needs a fancy DSLR camera lol.

Hey hey hey, let me justify my DSLR purchase first before I admit some pictures look just as good from my phone. 😜

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reefpuck said:

I'm guessing it's posted here somewhere... but I'm lazy. What is your t5 bulb combo? Also did you add a 2nd sbreef bar? 

Here's the bulb combo.  Yes I did add the 2nd SBREEF bar... 

SBREEF actinic bar

-B+

-C+

-P+

-Actinic

-GE 6500k

-B+

-C+

-B+

SBREEF actinic bar

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, FarmerTy said:

Here's the bulb combo.  Yes I did add the 2nd SBREEF bar... 

SBREEF actinic bar

-B+

-C+

-P+

-Actinic

-GE 6500k

-B+

-C+

-B+

SBREEF actinic bar

Thanks man! I got 2 B+, 1 C+, 1 actinic...and just feels really blue to me. Adding a led actinic bar probably wont help either. 

Sorry for all the questions. Everytime I look at your photos I get a bit jelly...

2 minutes ago, Reefpuck said:

Thanks man! I got 2 B+, 1 C+, 1 actinic...and just feels really blue to me. Adding a led actinic bar probably wont help either. 

Sorry for all the questions. Everytime I look at your photos I get a bit jelly...

No problem at all.  I've tried what feels like a zillion bulb combos.  I've been happiest with this one and the 6500k GE bulb is the main thing keeping my setup from being crazy blue.  It is pretty yellow if run by itself.

Thanks for the compliment on the photos... Just remember, photos are always in the best light and capture the best angle and often really close, so it can make corals look amazing but normally we are not staring at a coral 2" away from it to see that kind of finite detail.  Haha.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FarmerTy said:

No problem at all.  I've tried what feels like a zillion bulb combos.  I've been happiest with this one and the 6500k GE bulb is the main thing keeping my setup from being crazy blue.  It is pretty yellow if run by itself.

Thanks for the compliment on the photos... Just remember, photos are always in the best light and capture the best angle and often really close, so it can make corals look amazing but normally we are not staring at a coral 2" away from it to see that kind of finite detail.  Haha.

Yeah well even if I get a millimeter away...I still don't see colors like that. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1