Free Non-reef safe hermits

Carrie

I have 20-30 white legged hermits that I bought from reefcleaners. Turns out they are not only not reef-safe as advertised, they are not fish-safe. When I got up on Monday, they were eating a fish alive. I think, Ok, maybe it was really ill. On Tuesday when I got home, a second fish had been taken out. No signs of illness. First thought, test everything. A small ammonia spike from losing two fish in two days. Nitrate at 20PPM. Everything else, perfect. Wednesday I get up, a third fish is getting eaten alive. Remove all hermits from him, but realize his injuries are too severe to save him, so I euthanize with clove oil. Maybe an illness I can't see? So I stay up on Thursday with a flashlight. I see my fish in their usual night time places, close to the sand bed. I watch as some of the hermits go from the rocks, to dropping down on my sleeping clown. Long story short, these are getting removed from my tank. Free to anyone who has a use for them. Maybe a lionfish??? It would be a fitting end.

I have no luck in this hobby. How do you backup a Murderous hermit gang?