Garlic Extract

texmexbigspring

I just started using whatever brand it is they carry at RCA. I've had mixed results. All of my fish seem to appreciate the mysis that are soaked in it except my flame angel. He'll eat non-garlic mysis but will spit out the garlic ones :D

The only one I've tried is garlic xtreme from aquatek.. I bought it as a way to try and coax my mandarin onto frozen food.. it didn't work, but the rest of the fish just attack anything I soak in it. It was pricey, so I'll probably try one of the extracts from HEB when I run out, which seems like it'll be a good while.

The only one I've tried is garlic xtreme from aquatek.. I bought it as a way to try and coax my mandarin onto frozen food.. it didn't work, but the rest of the fish just attack anything I soak in it. It was pricey, so I'll probably try one of the extracts from HEB when I run out, which seems like it'll be a good while.

Garlic supplements aren't cheap. I paid $10 for a small bottle, but it has lasted well over a year.

So if people are on the fence about adding garlic to your food, don't let the price deter you as a small bottle will last a while.

Garlic supplements at the grocery store are cheap, my bottle of minced garlic (on the spice aisle) was about $2. At pet stores the extract is much more. I put a few granules of the minced stuff in the container when I'm thawing my food.

Health food stores carry the extract, but from what I've read some people say that only stuff you make yourself fresh is effective. I know that my fish love it...