55 gal barrels

wayneb

This is a heads up for those wanting to do an RO/DI system. I was able to pick up a couple of 55 gal semi-transparent plastic barrels from AHS today. They were $20 apiece with malt extract residue still in them. They are embossed on the side in 5 gal increments and the tops have 2 screw on caps. Don't know how many more they have on hand.

wayneb

Yes,

don't know if the salesman screwed up and skipped a waiting list or not. I originally went in to price containers and get my name on the list. Wasn't going to argue when he started rolling two of them out. If I had my pickup instead of the wife's Xterra would have asked/gotten more if they had them.

wayneb

I just washed mine with the hose outside, put a little bleach in, and scrubbed it all down. I rinsed it out twice and let it sit in the sun for a few days (bleach breaks down). The first time I put real water in it I put in a little Amquel to deal with any bleach residue that might remain. No problems...

I just washed mine with the hose outside, put a little bleach in, and scrubbed it all down. I rinsed it out twice and let it sit in the sun for a few days (bleach breaks down). The first time I put real water in it I put in a little Amquel to deal with any bleach residue that might remain. No problems...

I did the same thing. Looks like they raised the price, 100. Hmmmm catching on to us reefers.

Dave-

Waiting for a salesman to become free, roamed the store. Watched them draw 5 lbs of the extract into a container. LOL - almost but not quite decided to add another hobby as the odor reminded me soo much of a German brewery. Why European beer taste so great - not homargnized.

wayneb