Metal Halide Setups

FarmerTy

Out of curiosity, was just wondering what my fellow ARC'ers are using for their metal halide bulbs as well as any supplemental lighting involved. For instance, I'm a fan of the 250-watt 12k Reeflux bulb and supplement it with four 96-watt VHO super actinics for that nice smooth bluer look with a bit of pop from the actinics. What are you sporting and what have you tried?

-Ty

Right now I'm running 2x175w SPS 14k lamps with no actinic supplementation. I thought about adding t5 actinics (no room in my hood for t12), but I decided to do away with the hood and switch to pendants. I like the look pretty well, better than the ushio 10k lamps that I started with, but I didn't run the ushios long enough to compare coral growth. When it's time to replace the lamps I'll probably go with the iwasaki aqua2 lamps, which are advertised at 15k but supposedly have a higher PAR rating than most 14-15ks.

I am running (2) 110w super actinic VHOs, (8) x54w T5s 2 are daylight, 2 are fiji pink, 2 are actinic, and 2 are greenish in color, then finally a 20k reeflux 400w MH full spectrum bulb. Thinking about selling my 8 bulb fixture and getting another 20k 400w mh. This bulb has awesome color, not to blue and plenty of white.