Hello!

jonthefb

Hello everyone! My name is Jon Garnett. I am the new Seachem rep for the state of Texas and the Southwest. I wanted to drop by and introduce myself, and post to your forums!

I have been with Seachem for about 4 months now, and am in charge of Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana. I live in Colorado and have been an aquarist for my entire life. My family started out with freshwater as far back as I can remember and switched to saltwater about 14 years ago. I have been hooked ever since. I graduated from the University of Northern Colorado with a degree in Organismal Biology and worked at 2 LFS's in the area for the past 7 years before landing this job with Seachem.

My job with Seachem is to visit the LFS's, answer questions, introduce new products, and to answer questions from hobbyists, and support the local aquatic clubs in any way possible.

I have a 3'x4'x1' frag tank at home that I actively propagate corals in, am an avid collector, and am the Treasurer on the BOD for our local club the Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado (MASC, www.marinecolorado.org)

I invite you all to ask any questions that you may have, and I hope that I can help you all out in any way possible!

Cheers~!

Jon Garnett

706-818-2618

[email protected]

Welcome Jon! I first mis-read your degree as being one in Origami and I was like, "Woah, they have degrees in paper-folding?" Time to get my eyes checked I guess.

Welcome aboard.

I do have a question for you, as I've had three run-ins with "Brown Jelly" on my torch corals. Can you explain a bit about it and if any of your products address it? I've found that Iodine and Lugol's dip really had no effect.

Also, I see your product called ParaGuard. I recently dealt with an Ich outbreak that lead to me catching and QT'ing all my fish to treat with formalin. ParaGuard says to treat the tank, but doesn't mention if it claims to be "reef safe" for my inverts and corals.

Mike