Getting out of hobby, selling livestock now

zhorne

Hello all,

I have decided to get out of salt wafer reefing after many wonderful years. My current tank is a 300gal AGE custom with 4 of 5 sides low iron glass...equipment will be sold after all livestock is gone!

I want to sell the fish first and then deal with the rock. Most of the corals I have left are zoos/rics that are on the live rock so they will likely sell with the piece. All fish have been in the tank >1yr and I have not added anything other than snails to the tank within the last 6 months. They are all super healthy and fat. All of my fish get daily nori feedings as well as mysis, formula one pellets, and krill. The anemones normally got one silverslide/week, but I am out so now I have been giving them squid weekly.

Livestock list:

1 Naso Tang ~7" - $50

1 Kole Tang ~4" - $50

1 Mimic Tang(adult) ~5" - $50

1 Desjardini Sailfin Tang ~6" - $50

1 Klein's Butterfly ~3.5" - $40

2 Flame Hawkfish(act like a pair, but I have not seen them spawn), 1 small, 1 large - $40/ea or $70/pr

2 GSM clownfish(actively spawning pair) - $100

2 small BTAs (free with GSMs) have been bleached for the past few months and I can't figure out the issue, I'm wondering if the carpet is getting too big and killing them off???

****Super Rare****

2 Ocellaris Clownfish(female black/white, male orange/white, actively spawning pair) - $100

1 green stripe carpet anemone - $100 this is the host for my percs

1 Starry Blenny(most popular fish in the tank for some reason) - $10

1 Yellow Watchman goby - $10

2 Blue/Green chromis - $4/ea

1 Purple/Green Crocea Clam - $50

I would like to wait for most of the livestock to be spoken for before catching/selling them. I don't want to stress all the fish out multiple times if I don't need to.

videos of the fish can be seen here

Video 1

Video 2

GSM Pair

Ocellaris Pair

call Zach with any questions, 512.791.9497

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey checking to see what is left in your tank? My husband likes that Kole Tang please give me a little information about him. As for a report the blenny is great, he has so much personality. The goby I have only seen once but he is doing well. I hope he is eating since I never see him I can't say for sure.

Salt Dreams - glad to hear the Blenny is doing well...he'll be a great fish. the YWG was always a bit reclusive so I'm not surprised he's hiding from you.

All - I'm trying to figure out how to update the original post but I can't do it.

Update Livestock list:

1 Naso Tang ~7" - $50 (sold)

1 Kole Tang ~4" - $40 (reduced)

1 Mimic Tang(adult) ~5" - $40 (reduced)

1 Klein's Butterfly ~3.5" - $30 (reduced)

2 Flame Hawkfish(act like a pair, but I have not seen them spawn), 1 small, 1 large - $35/ea or $60/pr (reduced)

2 small BTAs (free with GSMs) have been bleached for the past few months and I can't figure out the issue, I'm wondering if the carpet is getting too big and killing them off???

****Super Rare****

2 Ocellaris Clownfish(female black/white, male orange/white, actively spawning pair) - $100

1 green stripe carpet anemone - free with percs

1 Starry Blenny(most popular fish in the tank for some reason) - $10 (sold)

1 Yellow Watchman goby - $10 (sold)

2 Blue/Green chromis - $4/ea (sold)

I am going to start selling my Tonga Branch rock now. I will be home all day Saturday so call me if you want to come by and take a look at the tank. LR will sell for $3/lb and it has all been in this tank for ~3yrs. Plenty of good coralline growth and zoos/shrooms/sponges

Update Livestock list:

1 Naso Tang ~7" - $50 (sold)

1 Kole Tang ~4" - $40 (reduced)

1 Mimic Tang(adult) ~5" - $40 (reduced)

1 Klein's Butterfly ~3.5" - $30 (reduced)

2 Flame Hawkfish(act like a pair, but I have not seen them spawn), 1 small, 1 large - $35/ea or $60/pr (reduced)

****Super Rare****

2 Ocellaris Clownfish(female black/white, male orange/white, actively spawning pair) - $100 (sold)

1 green stripe carpet anemone - free with percs (sold)

1 Starry Blenny(most popular fish in the tank for some reason) - $10 (sold)

1 Yellow Watchman goby - $10 (sold)

2 Blue/Green chromis - $4/ea (sold)

I am going to start selling my Tonga Branch rock now. I will be home all day Saturday so call me if you want to come by and take a look at the tank. LR will sell for $3/lb and it has all been in this tank for ~3yrs. Plenty of good coralline growth and zoos/shrooms/sponges

I sold ~50# of tonga today...still plenty of Marshall Island and I have a really nice ~30-40# piece of rock with lots of different shrooms/zoos. Would be a perfect show piece for smaller tank

everything is negotiable at this point...if you want something make me an offer!

Just wanted to let you know of my interest in your tank once you get to that point.......i need more room for my crew...So if you wish to discuss this now,,,and have a possible commitment already made for when you get all your guys sold, please let me know more about tank, stand, lights, sump, ect. that you are running and of coarse pics would be of great interest since I do not live in your area....... can get back to me here or at drkotz at hotmail dot com Thanks for your time

Doug

Just wanted to let you know of my interest in your tank once you get to that point.......i need more room for my crew...So if you wish to discuss this now,,,and have a possible commitment already made for when you get all your guys sold, please let me know more about tank, stand, lights, sump, ect. that you are running and of coarse pics would be of great interest since I do not live in your area....... can get back to me here or at drkotz at hotmail dot com Thanks for your time

Doug

e-mail sent with details about the tank