SCUBA in Maui

mcallahan

Looks like I'll be headed to Maui, Hawaii for a dive trip before too long and I'm looking for people's suggestions on where to dive there.

I have lots of experience on the west side of the island, namely, Kaanapali Beach, so I'm interested to hear if people have other suggestions on where to dive.

• 1 month later...

I went in July and dove with Maui Dive Shop. They were great and had some spots that weren't as well known by the masses. I don't know the names of the spots we hit, but I do know that where the majority of the shops took groups was shallow enough to snorkel. I know there's some good spots if you take a boat ride to Molokai.

Here's a link to my photo gallery

http://gallery.me.com/shanelafferty#100060

Watch it, I went scuba-diving in Honolulu once and unexpectedely came face-to-face with a large green moray eel.

Never get near holes or crevices on a reef. :S I learned the hard way, too. Except, I was spear fishing, snagged something, went down to get it, and a big Moray greeted me by snagging my spear and taking the fish, and the spear with him.

Never get near holes or crevices on a reef. :S I learned the hard way, too. Except, I was spear fishing, snagged something, went down to get it, and a big Moray greeted me by snagging my spear and taking the fish, and the spear with him.

that's what you get for spear fishing! fish.gif