A look inside Sea Dwelling Creatures

mcallahan

wow, thats bloody fantastic! Makes me wonder if we could create a similar acclimation setup in our homes based on what they use there? Also, I like to see the people I'm buying from, rather than "the company" being some nebulous entity in another state.

Good Video :doh:

Nice to see some of the effort put in by these companies and a "behind the scenes" look at where our stuff comes from.

I'm wondering if the methylene blue the soak them in causes any side-effects that have to be overcome before they ship the livestock. I know that stuff can turn urine blue, and I'd freak out a little bit if one of my fish was leaking something like that :lol:

Edited by Rgwiz11

No new info regarding techniques, although the super-slow pH adjustment was cool. Wanted to see more details (time in acclimation, full list of meds/treatments used in addition to the methylene blue he mentioned, cases for making exceptions to the "standard" process, etc).

i wish I had known you were going there. I still have a $100 credit with them. I would have had you pick me something out. Great video by the way.

Oh man! prof gets his fish from there so you could always talk to him.

there was lots of good stuff there that'd like to have taken home. Luckily the camera was in my hand so that I couldn't reach for my VISA

Sea Dwelling Creatures is my supplier and I know that most (if not all) the local stores order from them. I have been very happy with the livestock that I have recieved from them. All has been well packed and shipped.

Understand, they are a wholesaler, not a retailer. They do not take inquiries from the general public or sell to anyone without a business license.

Thanks Marc for the inside look and a HUGE thanks to SDC for letting Marc in the doors to film!