how many of you have broken icecap ballasts?

Reybeast

I was curious to know how many of you have broken icecap ballasts? Please post how many and what model it is, and I'll total it up. I'm trying to see if icecap will do a "group fix".

If one of you would post this same request on Maast, i would appreciate it, I can't post on there since I havnt done the obligatory 100 posts yet.

just post once on either site and I'll count them up.

Rey

i figured we would have more people with bad units: this was the reply from icecap, so with 5 units I doubt they will give us much break: we could work something out but I would prefer only 1 person send the entire bunch in and provide payment. With say 20 ballasts, we could manage somewhere in the area of $40 - 50 parts and labor per ballast as long as it is repairable. If not we have to charge $85 for a brand new circuit board which makes it a new ballast just reusing the same case.

You would have to keep track of each persons ballast by serial number so you know who's ballast has a charge or not and if any are not repairable. For a large lot the turn around may be a couple weeks.

yeah, his response is what I have recvd from them many times, 65 if they replace parts and 85 if they replace the entire circuit board. Seems that they really do repair these (or someone does it for them). Either way its a 1 yr warranty rather than the 3yr for a new ballast. I was hoping he would do better than 40-50 bucks each, but if they have to replace the board, it doesnt matter if its a group fix or not i guess.