Clear bubbles forming on live rock

Genesis1:21

Lights are less than 3 months old. I've been getting DI water from RCA. I have a Tunze Nano Wavebox, 1 Koralia 3 (850 GPH) and a magdrive 700 (700 GPH) on the return.

mag 7 on a 90gal seems small mag 9 would be better ? phosphates? silicates? ultra life red slime remover works well siphon off slime first.

having just fought a small battle with this stuff....

Cyano feeds on phosphates for the most part. I got an outbreak after starting to run a media reactor with carbon. I did a lot of troubleshooting but couldn't figure it out. Took out the carbon and siphoned it off and it went away. Did some research. now i run a GFO/Carbon 50/50 mix. Evidently carbon produces a lot of phosphates, especially the amount i was using in my fairly small aquarium. I Also added additional flow to the effected areas and now don'thave a problem. Do make sure to siphon out the cyano during a water change.

I've been battling this stuff for a while with all my parameters in check. I finally took some water in for Jake to test at RCA and he did a more sensitive test and recommended Rowa over the phosgaurd I was using. I just did this this weekend so don't have details for you but I trust Jake.

Great comments.

One other point is that the chemistr4y in the bulk water column is not the same as the chemistry under the slime mat. Another point for phosphate removal using a macro algae, is that Caulerpa has the highest ratio of phosphate to nitrogen removal from the watyer column by by a facto of 100.

Happy reefing,

Pat C

Great comments.

One other point is that the chemistr4y in the bulk water column is not the same as the chemistry under the slime mat. Another point for phosphate removal using a macro algae, is that Caulerpa has the highest ratio of phosphate to nitrogen removal from the watyer column by by a facto of 100.

Happy reefing,

Pat C

Of course, caulerpa has that drawback of growing like a weed, taking over display tanks, being inedible for most fish, and the high risk of "going sexual".