anyone have a macro lens theyd be willing to trust me with

AndrewT

I've got a cannon 100mm macro that does 1:1. What can you leave me as collateral?

pmd ya... sorry im in class working on a project im referring back to the thread as offten as i can. thanks for all the help again

What is your subject going to be? Fish tank stuff?

that would have been an easy one... but we photographed pets in week 1 and then my prof said alright now thats outta the way no more shots of pets the rest of the semester. i took some shots of my fish im worried if i shot coral that she may consider it in the pet category. apparently shes challenging us to think outside the box. we shot kids,pets,flowers,sunsets,cars,girlfriends,rooms... then she said theyre all over photographed subjects so no one can turn shots of any of those anymore. so if anyone has a good macro subject im open to ideas thanks again you guys may have saved my life

Edited by AndrewT

Bugs make for the best macro subjects.

thats what i was thinking id like to shoot a dragon fly or mantis. any hints on the best place to find these guys.

Edited by AndrewT

A good place to take some shots of dragonflies or toads would be a water garden. For example: Down our road there's a place called the Hill Country Water Gardens....I usually go to check out their water lillies but they don't mind you going to look around their spectacular water gardens. Real nice waterfalls features...so if you can find places like that, this could be your best place. Another idea: Water droplets on a lotus plant or any other plant...with rare texture.

I am always impressed with ultra close up shots of corals. Best part is that nobody will know what they are. Seeing the tiny polyps of an SPS, or being able to see through the tentacles of a feeding LPS or the very tip of a well inflated and colorful bubble tip anemone always leaves me wowed.

Head down to that big pond on Parmer, behind the Target. It's at a cross street over by Dell before you go up the hill by the HEB. It's on the north side of Parmer, west corner. McCallen Pass is the name of the cross street.

Lots of birds, reeds, and probably bugs. Look out for snakes too.