What to do about mojano

joshman1204

So I had one very large weird looking anemone that I thought was aiptaisa but after looking at some pics I think it probably is a mojano. After looking at my tank it looks like I have 15-20 of these popping up everywhere. I already bought some aptaisa-x but I dont know if it will work on the mojano anemones as well.

dang man sorry to hear. I would take my tank down and start with dry rock next time.

I know its not what people want to hear but those things suck in the worst way and i feel that starting over would save the most time and money. Once again this is just what i would do after reading a lot of stories on other boards about them.

good luck either way!

Pull the rock, take a propane torch to em, cook the rock, bleach it, sit it out in the sun for a few months, re-cycle the rock, rescape, pray you don't get any more.

Seriously. Search for Gabriel's thread here or on RC. He had a nasty infestation and did the above, mostly, just to get back to normalcy.

Majano's are a serious pain. I've had pretty good luck attacking them with aiptasia-x, which seems to kill them pretty quickly, but it's hard to get all of them, so just when you think they're gone, another one or two or ten pop up. The best thing I found was a combination of aiptasia-x and cutting way back on feeding, shortening water change interval. Lower nutrient levels seem to slow them down to a more manageable level.

Good luck!

i got rid of mine by mixing some kalwaser mix with a little bit of RO water until it becomes like a paste. then just turn your pumps off, shoot em up with a syringe and say bye bye!

at least that's what worked for me :)

Had about 10 or 15 in one of my nanos. Took some advice from another forum and injected them with boiling RO water. It amazed me how many lived through this. After 4 or 5 treatments I was down to just 3 or 4 and have left them alone since. That was March and I still have the same 3 or 4. I'll be setting up a big tank next month and will kill the last of them before I move the rock.

As hard as they are to kill they are pretty attractive.

Good luck.

alll i can say is get rid of them. I tried everything also. SDometimes the X would work but in a week or 2 they were back. My 72 gallon was in fested so i tore teh whole tank down and built another one. the Rock is setting in my back yard in the sun. It has been there for 2 weeks. i dont know if im gonna even mess with trying torecycle it. Im that affraid. There is over 100lbs just laying in my back yard. Take action NOW or they will take action on your tank.

i got rid of mine by mixing some kalwaser mix with a little bit of RO water until it becomes like a paste. then just turn your pumps off, shoot em up with a syringe and say bye bye!

at least that's what worked for me :)

I do the same thing but 1st I put the mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds. EASY KILL