Clowns hosting in Play's

Zarathustra2

I have a nice healthy batch of Red Purple eaters. I just got them a few weeks back but am seeing some new buds coming out and the RPE have completely encrusted the disc they are on.

So, my **** stupid clowns, bob and bobbette, have decided to try to host in it. Overall I'm not too worried about the RPE but the clowns are taking the tentacle's of the skirts into thier mouths like you would a normal 'nem. Are my Clowns trying to stupidly commit suicide here? There is a nice rose 'nem about 5" away from the paly's that is about the same size as the paly colony. Is there any way to get them to finally see the nem and start hosting in that?

I have a nice healthy batch of Red Purple eaters. I just got them a few weeks back but am seeing some new buds coming out and the RPE have completely encrusted the disc they are on.

So, my **** stupid clowns, bob and bobbette, have decided to try to host in it. Overall I'm not too worried about the RPE but the clowns are taking the tentacle's of the skirts into thier mouths like you would a normal 'nem. Are my Clowns trying to stupidly commit suicide here? There is a nice rose 'nem about 5" away from the paly's that is about the same size as the paly colony. Is there any way to get them to finally see the nem and start hosting in that?

If you have a second tank try moving the palys there. I changed tanks and moved my anemone, which my clowns love, they moved over to some frogspawn. The only thing is once they were back in the same tank with the anemone, they wen right back to it. Which they might do in your case and go back to the palys.

My clowns were hosting in some torch coral. when i switched tanks and upgraded to the 90g they wont even look at the torch the are now hosting on a mushroom rock. i dont understand clowns dont seem to be the smartest of fish.

I've read that you can put your nem and the clowns in a giant bowl or container for a few hours with nothing else in it, and that the clowns will host. Once they do that you can move everything back to your tank.

That doesn't deal with trying to get the nem out of your tank in the first place. <_<

Ok, that brings up another question. How do you get a nem out of your tank? He is taking up a valuable pie e of real estate and if the clowns don't like him I'd rather put in another piece of sps.

Btw, my clowns were on a fuzzy mushroom before but I couldn't leave well enough alno and water to move the shroom. See my other post on "butchered frag attempt"

The few times I've moved my BTA I start with touching it around the base to get it to retract. Once retracted, I just kept prodding its foot where it attaches to the rock. If you can get a fingernail under it you just keep massaging it and moving your nail around the foot base until it loosens a bit at a time. The key is not to rush, not to tear or force, and to just encourage it to release. Unless it is deep in a hole on your LR some patience should get this accomplished.

Well, Its a rose 'nem. I picked it up kind of on a lark at the frag swap. I feel bad but I know he just isn't going to work in my tank long term. My initial plan was to move him over to my 90 that i have in plan. However, that tank is planned for mandarins and I'm reading that mandarin's and 'nems just don't go together so I think I may get him out of my tank anyways.

Interested in a rose 'nem with a 1" or so disk? I just picked up a bunch of ric's that i think the clowns will take to if the nem isn't around so I'm not that worried about them at this point.