Controllers/Monitors

reefman

Some time ago as part of another thread several of you (including John being one that I remembered) mentioned a specific controller you had that you all seemed to be very happy with. Could you please re-post that information?

Stephen

I have the RK2 from Digital Aquatics and like it bunches. Small and very powerful with its customizations. The Aquacontroller Jr is another one about the same price with some differences in programming (I think it ends up being more once you make them comparable) and the rk2 is about to come out with a firmware update that will allow data logging which should be great.

Thanks everyone. I had seen the more expensive controllers, and also the RK2. Glad to know everyone is happy with the less expensive one.

Austinvines,

The firmware update (according to their website, on the main home page http://www.digitalaquatics.com/, is available for downloading now).

Second question: Can you only order the RK2 off their website, or is this something I could get elsewhere (like Kingfish!).

Stephen

OK, plan to order the RK2 in the next day or so to make the Nov shipment date. I plan to order the RK2 plus the Ph probe. Question is, do I need the Expansion module as well?

John, since you have one and helped me set up the corner tank where it will be going, you could probably answer this better than anyone else.

Stephen

To use the expansion socket, you need an extra wall plug. It plugs into the wall, and also into one of the plugs on the controller. you still only have 8 channels, but with the expansion socket you can plug two things into the one channel. And since it's a relay separate from the controllers power, you can plug some higher powered items into it.