what's this

mcallahan

Looks like a flat worm, but has 2 tentacles and what looks like a shell - it has a hard thing on its back that comes to point. I've seen these fall off the base of frags that I've dipped before they came into my tank.

Friend or foe?

post-632-12468149157319_thumb.jpg

Picture's subject (white area) ? Is too out of focus to identify - although the rock in the foreground is in focus.

Try getting manual focus on it., or get him out into a glass jar and photograph it.

It could be harmless if it's a stomatella snail.

My daughter and I counted 11 things in the tank that looked like that the other morning.

Almost positive they're baby snails. They have been on the front of the tank and look like smaller versions of the turbo snails that I have.

One of the babies has been around long enough that it looks to have started to form a shell

i came home from work about 3 or 4 a.m one morning and there were literally hundreds of them on my glass.its the only time i have seen them like that.usually it 3 or 4 here and there.that night all the gallss was basically covered.it was crazy

wow that is awesome, try to get a pic if you can.

I have also noticed tons of snail eggs lately, anybody else?

I have noticed tons of snail eggs also. The eggs started about 4 weeks ago. I see new eggs every 2-3 days. I haven't seen any babies yet, but I read it takes 2-4 weeks for them to hatch.