Please help a Noob out!! :\

LiLS

I dont even know where to start..

so basicly i jsut got home from gym and i got my lunar lights on and then all of a sudden i see these wierd stuff in my tank,

clear/white long worms...lookinat them just creeps me out!! i dontr know waht it is...is it really bad!!? how do i get rid of it.

2nd thign is my yellow tang is startin to lose color like turn pale/white and he has a white line down the center of his body...is that normal!?

i also have a clown tang and i know they are aggresive but from what i seen he hasnt messed with the yellow tang at all..they actually hang out together and stuff lol....

but i jsut picked up this clown tang like 4 days ago from riveer city aquatics and tonight i noticed his whole body is covered in like white spots...they look like salt/sugar was spread all over hsi body???

please hlep me!! thanks guys

ive never ran into this many problems before

ill have pics of the worms/yellow tang soon

That is normal for yellow tangs. That's just what they look like at nighttime. It's good that the clown tang is being nice. Its likely because you added the other fish first. If you were to add another tang later the clown tang might be mean to it. Fish are like people, sometimes you just cant tell what they are going to do. It sounds like your new clown tang has ick. That is a more serious issue. Search for ick, or saltwater ick to look up treatment.

Be sure to read up on marine ich (not freshwater). One of its characteristics is that it's cyclical. Your fish can be covered in it, then it drops off to the sandbed, then they can be covered again. Pictures would help.

you gotta be more specific and give more detail when is come to describing things like bugs worms and what not in your tank. <i.e> the worm type thing was long and clear/white translucent had tiny legs, had no legs. was floating, was on the rock, was in the sand. was crawling, was fast. was slow. their were a bunch their was only one... from what you described it could be anything from tube worms to spaghetti or hair worms to bristle worms. check here to see if you see what it looks like..

http://www.xtalworld.com/Aquarium/hitchfaq.htm

Medusa worm, peanut worm, or bristle worm.

"Blind Jimmy's" peanut worm

2295848352_1356ff8de1.jpg?v=0

"Ken-Ichi's" Medusa worm

2523908524_c5ff2ba110.jpg?v=0

"Roberto Sozzani's" Medusa worm

verme01.JPG

Medusa worms are the same as spaghetti worms.

"daledaquila's" bristle worm

2481329833_7c0b180c22.jpg?v=0

Edited by caferacermike