Why all Nassarius are not created equal

thedude

I got some of those. I ordered them from someone claiming to be in Freeport, TX, but then when the package came it was shipped from North Carolina.

Afterwards, I got this from Ebay:

Unfortunately, eBay removed this auction-style listing because it's against the law, eBay policy, or both. All bids or offers on this listing have been canceled. We advise you to not purchase this item.

It's a lesson learned now.

STICK WITH THE SPONSER'S!!

OK. I got some of these from eBay some time ago and now have them in both tanks. It's obvious I should never get any more, but my question is what I do about the ones I already have?

My observations have been if anything, they don't die off prematurely, but reproduce like crazy. I started with about 70 in the Wave tank, and over a period of time have moved about 30 into the corner tank. I have not seen any ill affects in either tank. In the wave tank, water quality on the big 3 has been and continues to be 0 ppm. I also have a ton of "other" life in the tank that comes out at night (what appears to me to be worms, sideways shrimp, cocopods (sp?), etc.). I am concerned about them "decimating" other populations, since I just added a Mandarin to the Wave tank this weekend (specifically because of what I see after the lights are out, we felt we had the food population to support him). So far he seems fat and happy, and we have seen him eating things off the live rock.

Should I start to thin them out? It would be pretty easy, cause they do like to get on the glass, and anytime I feed the sand bed looks like its erupting from them coming up (which I thought was beneficial to keeping the sand bed clean)>

Stephen