egg crate

polarbear

Where do I buy a piece of this at to put fraged corals on? I haven t really looked in the stores so I thought I would ask first. I only need a small piece maybe 4x3 inches.

Edited by polarbear

Where do I buy a piece of this at to put fraged corals on? I haven t really looked in the stores so I thought I would ask first. I only need a small piece maybe 4x3 inches.

If you buy eggcrate at the stores I believe you have to buy a 2'x4' piece for well over $10. Perhaps someone has a small piece to share with you. I do, but I don't know how convenient it would be to you, as I live in Leander.

Bill

If you buy eggcrate at the stores I believe you have to buy a 2'x4' piece for well over $10. Perhaps someone has a small piece to share with you. I do, but I don't know how convenient it would be to you, as I live in Leander.

Bill

This is true...it is a large, bulky piece, but I have made mutiple racks at different heights in my tank. I spray painted some of my frag racks using paint made for plastic in a black color. Looks much better than white...

Laura

Thanks but I live in South Austin so Cedar Park is kind of far to travel for this. Do you remember how much you made for it at the Home Depot?

i have a pretty good sized piece left over from the piece i bought, you can have it if you are willing to pick it up. But yes i got mine at Home Depot.

Cool thanks.

like $8, they have chrome and white. its by the roofing material and insulation, around the gutters and all. Its a weird place for them but i had to ask a representitive where they were and thats were we found them.

I live in South Austin and have some extra. It is about $11 at Home Depot for a 2' x 4' piece. I cut mine to serve as a top for my aquarium and have about half of it left. Krylon plastic paint works perfectly on it. I have several scraps or will sell you the remainder of what I have for $5. Let me know.

Mike