Moon lights

Headless_donkey

My girlfriend and I just got a 30 gallon Oceanic cube. We are having a canopy built that will house T5 lighting. We need suggestions for what to use as moon light. We have a coralife 1watt LED and love it. We were considering two 3/4 watt coralife LEDs for the new tank, because they would be easier to mount in the canopy then the 1 watt. We have also looked at the current lunar light. We would probably get the blue 2 LED version with one of the extensions.

Does anyone have experience with these lights or any other suggestions?

thank you

Adjustable cold cathode tubes for about $12 at Fry's seem to be favorites of others as well. They are about 6" long, 1/2" dia and come with mounts. They can be bought with a dimmer built in so you can dial it in.

I found a guy on Ebay that sells these nifty kits that have an adjustable Lunar cycle built in.

I went with the Current Lunar Light over my 30g cube. I didn't get an extension, just the single. Here's how it looks mounted on my light rack

moonlight.jpg

and here's what the tank looks like with it illuminated.

fulltankmoonlight.jpg

I doubt you'd need the extension, as this thing covers a surprisingly large area.

I have the Lunar lights and I love them. I now have 4 on my 120.

I started with 2 about a year ago. It lit 2 areas of the tank. Later I bought 4 more. The new ones I bought were at least twice as bright as the older ones. I'm not sure if they changed them or I started with 2 bad ones, but there is a dramitc difference in them.

You can see the difference here in the old and new. I've since changed the two older ones out.

100_0289.jpg