Due to Saturday...feeding/supplement help needed!

chrisfowler99

So, after Saturday's adventure I went from having almost nothing to having zoas, polyps, acropora, montipora, red cap, birds nests...

What do I feed need to directly?

How do I do that?

What do I need to supplement?

It looks like most of this stuff should filter feed on the leftovers from feeding my fish, but I've only got two clowns. There's not much "leftover."

I think I overdid it on Saturday...but people kept handing me things for $5, or free. :(

The zoas and polyps opened right up. They look great. Man that Armor of God glows! Wish I knew what half the other stuff was. ;)

Making a trip to RCA or Aquatek after work, I think.

I would recommend getting a good book on corals like the "Book of Coral Propagation" by Anthony Calfo. This has lots of pictures on common corrals to help you identify them. It also talks about family, compatibilities, how to care for them, how to frag them, and much more information.

There was a thread a few months back on Austin Reef Club about peoples favorite books.

The Calfo book retails for around $60, but I found it online as a "May special" for $34.95 at a site called afishybusiness.com. Had not ordered from them before but the shipping with very quick and the book is perfect. Just thought I'd let others know about the deal, since that book is pretty pricey.

The Calfo book retails for around $60, but I found it online as a "May special" for $34.95 at a site called afishybusiness.com. Had not ordered from them before but the shipping with very quick and the book is perfect. Just thought I'd let others know about the deal, since that book is pretty pricey.

****...no Kindle version. :(

I use the 2 part EVS B-Ionic. Component #1 - Carbonate Alkalinity, Component #2 - Calcium Concentration

I try to keep my calcium at 400, My kh at 8 and my magnesium at 1400.

You will need to test for calcium, magnesium, ph, and kh. All are effected by calcium additives. I use this website to figure out how much of each additive to add.

Reef Chemisrty Calculator

Hope this helps.

I use the 2 part EVS B-Ionic. Component #1 - Carbonate Alkalinity, Component #2 - Calcium Concentration

I try to keep my calcium at 400, My kh at 8 and my magnesium at 1400.

You will need to test for calcium, magnesium, ph, and kh. All are effected by calcium additives. I use this website to figure out how much of each additive to add.

Reef Chemisrty Calculator

Hope this helps.

ph I'm good on.

Calcium and Magnesium I planned to pick up tests on the way home.

Kh I'll add to my list.