SICK NEW CLAMS!

fishypets

I'll let the pictures do all the talking. Thanks again Matt at Austin Aqua Farms. Glad to know where you're at and my wife loves the new additions(which is rare)

IMG_7852.jpg

IMG_7850.jpg

IMG_7849.jpg

New jewel of my reef.......Black and white Maxima!

IMG_7853.jpg

Groupie shot.

IMG_7854.jpg

His website only shows about 1/20th of what he really has. All four troughs are filled with nice coral from end to end. I could have spent days staring at all the pretty stuff. If you've never been it's a must, just take extra cash cause you'll end up with way more than you went for. :lol:

Andrew I asked Matt about spot feeding and he said the mari-culture farm he gets em from never feeds. I too had problems with smaller clams from ORA but were related to pyr. snails eating the footsies.

AZ that sounds like a good idea! It would work out for Matt too because I'm sure we'd spend a lot of money.

The B&W clam is ~ 3" and the others are 2.5"

Thanks for all the nice compliments guys and gals. Today I'll try and correct my white balance and get a more accurate color. What I really need is a pro to come take some pics of the tank..........

Whistles.............Gabe..........Jennifer.............Brian........

Very Nice. We got an ORA clam from RCA and was doing rather well until we notice the symptoms of pinched mantle disease. We ended up doing 2 freshwater dips and now it looks alot healthier. On the sad note....this morning we lost our show piece blue rimmed squamosa, it was a little over the size of a football :( . The saddleback clownfish were constantly hosting and I really don't know whether they stressed out (but they sure didn't help when we were trying to rescue back to health). If you ever see signs of stress or the edges of the flesh crimp, you might want to consider freshwater dipping (just get RO/DI water) same temp./PH as tank water and let it sit for about 20 min. They won't be happy at the moment or at least day, but they will recover and they will look as healthy as the day you brought them home----maybe even better. -Just a little advice-

-Cindy-

Good to know Cindy. I've lost my fair share of clams in the past, one would make you cry.

Here are a few top down pictures. Notice the one clam is pink on one side and blue on the other. That's what really grabbed my attention.

IMG_7855.jpg

IMG_7861.jpg

The B&W clam is ~ 3" and the others are 2.5"

Thanks for all the nice compliments guys and gals. Today I'll try and correct my white balance and get a more accurate color. What I really need is a pro to come take some pics of the tank..........

Whistles.............Gabe..........Jennifer.............Brian........

Let me know when. Always enjoy seeing your tank. :(

Great shot. How are you getting them to stay put on the rock. I still have my little maxima on the sand bed and need to move it up.

Just place on rocks or find a good wedge....the clam's foot will take care of the rest.