Marine Depot and/or Bulk Reef Supply

ysanford

We really need to get an RO/DI unit so we wanted to see if anyone else is interested in getting anything from Marine Depot or Bulk Reef Supply. Plan on placing the order soon, but can wait it out if enough people want to get in. At the latest, I would like to order everything by next Sunday, May 24. LMK.

We really need to get an RO/DI unit so we wanted to see if anyone else is interested in getting anything from Marine Depot or Bulk Reef Supply. Plan on placing the order soon, but can wait it out if enough people want to get in. At the latest, I would like to order everything by next Sunday, May 24. LMK.

There are a couple on consignment @ Aquatek. You might need new filters, but I can point you to a place that is cheap for those.

before you get an RO/DI unit, be sure you know the ratio of waste water to usable water. Due to a miscommunication on my part, I bought one that is a 4:1 ratio, meaning there are 4 gallons of non-usable water for every 1 gallon of usable water. i recently ordered an addon to the unit that makes it 1.5:1. I know you say, "well, I'll just water the yard or do laundry", but when you make 30 gals at a time, thats 120G to the yard/laundry....

I bought this kit 199.00 - OCEAN REEF + 1 FIVE STAGE 75 GPD RO/DI from http://www.thefilterguys.biz/ro_di_systems.htm and

added:

http://thefilterguys.biz/water_saver_ro_di.htm

Just kinda wanted to buy it new to reduce the risk of it being faulty. Let me know about that place anyway, for future reference. :blush:

same place Reybeast just mentioned. I'm getting new filters for mine today. Next I gotta hook it up!

Does this mean to buy a good one, you have to purchase the RO/DI unit for $124. to $250, and then the water saver kit for $199?

I am ooking to buy okne and want to make sure I have this right, I do not want 4 gallons of waste water for every 1 gallon of good.

thank you

Lisa

mark, i know you have answers....

Princer,

What is their capacity and how much are they? Are they at Bulk Reef Supply?

Stephen

I am looking to get two of these for phosban and carbon. My Two Little Fishes are just not big enough for my tank.

Black-BRS-RX-1.jpg

I've contacted them to figure out how they handle group buys or if they even do them. I'll post an update as soon as I hear back from them. Hopefully we can close this order by Wednesday and get our shipment in at the beginning of next week.

I've contacted them to figure out how they handle group buys or if they even do them. I'll post an update as soon as I hear back from them. Hopefully we can close this order by Wednesday and get our shipment in at the beginning of next week.

Somebody looked into it earlier...we had to spend like $5k+ a year to get something like a $25 gift certificate for a drawing...

Marine Depot is easier about doing group orders to get free shipping, but - word or warning - while I order from them quite frequently, they seem to handle thier inventory roughly. A skimmer I just bought from them came with some of the internal styrofoam packing pulverized. Other items have came with evidence of similar rough treatment.

ThatFishPlace has really good shipping deals, and packs stuff really well - but their prices are slightly higher too. Same for DrsFoster&Smith.

-Paul

Somebody looked into it earlier...we had to spend like $5k+ a year to get something like a $25 gift certificate for a drawing...

So, I finally got a chance to break away from work to get on the phone with the guy that handles group orders for Bulk Reef Supply. Here is the deal:

We have to get a minimum of 10 people and they all need to provide me with their email and phone number so that I can forward it to them. Once that is done, everyone needs to create an account. Each person places, pays, and receives their individual orders. The benefit of doing it this way is that everyone gets the group buy discount. I'm not sure how much that is, but he said that it is somewhere between individual prices and bulk discount prices. Once we send over our emails, phone numbers, and create the accounts, the discount prices will show up. The order will open on Tuesday and you will receive an email to indicate that it has officially opened. The order will then close the following Monday, so it gives everyone a little less than a week to place and pay for their order.

Please post here if you want to get in and hopefully we can get 10 people to order. If not, then maybe we can still place the order together to save a little on the shipping. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.