Please help me name a chalice...

andysgr

You know after thinking about that a little more, I do believe Mike of the Racer Sect has a really good point though.

If someone is to sell a coral for significant dollars, they had darn well better be able to prove where it came from and why it is, at least at the time of the sale, a limited edition.

People do not like to get scammed, and some folks will get aggravated enough to do what it takes to "make things right." Probably the biggest reason we are not rich right now - I don't have the stomach to knowingly scam someone.

-Paul

IMO, we should be able to provide healthy, colorful and affordable corals for everyone to enjoy. Set that extra $$$$ for the big ticket items or DYI projects, so we can maintain a thriving stable tank. And don't take it the wrong way, I don't mean to disrespect or taking sides ......we just "wish for affordability" when it comes to this hobby.

... and to think I just wanted a little help naming my pretty new coral.

I don't see how, something so innocent was taken so out of context.

I never saw where Andy stated that he was going to "name the coral," and sell it as an LE. That assumption is outrageous. It appeared to me that he was naming the coral for enjoyment, not for profit.

Cheri

Andy,

I wouldn't worry about it :D . Whatever you decide to name it, if hobbyists are interested in buying a frag of a particular coral (LE, Tyree or common name), they will buy it. But I think is fun to name it. Have you decide on the name?

... and to think I just wanted a little help naming my pretty new coral.

• 5 weeks later...

my $.02 on the naming thing. A red challice is worth about $40 till its a Flamethrower. Myself, I buy corals when I like that coral and I will pay flamethrower prices. if something is in my tank and I want to sell at LE prices the buyer doesnt have to buy it. If i buy an LE coral based on the sellers word that its a an LE coral, if i buy it its because I want it. Someone telling me they have a red challice doesnt mean anything to me till they say they have a Flamethrower. At that time I can look and see if I want it in my tank. I dont like the whole naming thing either but it seems to make things easier for me when purchasing. I guess my analogy is: my name is John Gilbert. If I said i was a white male 42 years old wouldnt help much in figuring out who i was. :)

MMMM....Edward is sexy!!!!

not a huge fan of Twilight...reminds me of a bookseries/movie loved by preteen girls about vampires or some ****