Get ready for the weather tonight.

cmanning

Just in case, get your generators ready (if you have one) and flashlights handy. Hopefully the rain will come (which is much needed) w/o tornadoes. Hang on tight for those in the hill country region and North of us.

We've been watching the lightning from my back porch... frightening, but beautiful. If the power goes out, I'm going to die... we don't have a generator at our house. Good thing my mom suggested we take it to the ranch, right?! :|

Just hit us too... golfball size + a little with us. Lasted for 10 minutes I believe. My mom thought there was a tornado due to the EXTREMELY strong winds that hit us. Part of our fence got knocked down in the back yard.

I took a few shots of the hail storm...........I could of gotten some better ones when it first started, but we heard booming/zooming sound and everyone got rushed to the middle bathroom tub. Dang it......what a rush.

Middle of the storm.

gallery_40_12_148227.jpg

After the storm.

gallery_40_12_206052.jpg

:| Dratted things, 2" - 3" across, splatted me in my Frontier while stuck in the cursed traffic on I35. Drop me a PM with a phone number. I was too irritated - and it was pouring rain - when I finally got home to take a look, and it is too dark now. I expect I will be calling you.

-Paul

If anyone gets hail damage on their car let me know. That's what I do.

Sorry for the damage you guys sustained. We got a half inch of rain per the weatherbug but no hail here in the Hippo Plex. I do have a question tho. How long would a tank survive without power? Several hours? A day?

The hail got my '01 Xterra really good (bad!). I dont think there is a smooth panel on it and more. Some of the dents on the corners of the truck are an inch deep or more. At least I saw cars with windows completly blown out by the hail and lots of wrecks Im assuming from sliding on the ice. That was N austin (work)- S.Austin (home) got some good rain and thats about it.

Cindy,

I hope you didn't have any damage! :| in

Dave & Robin

Everything is fine here. I'm glad I call Robert in time, his truck could have obtain some damage since IBM doesn't have a covered parking lot, but he decided to leave early and made it home on time. So far, the hail was nothing bigger than 1" diameter, thank goodness; others reported much larger size.

Did yall get some hail that way?

Those are some amazing pictures. Hope the damage is not to bad.

Thanks, I don't think we got any damage......but my koi didn't know where to hide. That hail was bombarding the pond so heavily.....I'll check on them tomorrow to see if everything is ok. We had close calls before but this time......it was different and intense.

Here by River City Aquatics...NW Austin...this was the hardest hit...I live 5 blocks away and our cars are a mess...no broken windows, but dents like all hell...I got hit in the head bad because we were trying to cover the newest car...stupid me and OUCH....I heard employees at RCA have cracked windshields :-(

Here by River City Aquatics...NW Austin...this was the hardest hit...I live 5 blocks away and our cars are a mess...no broken windows, but dents like all hell...I got hit in the head bad because we were trying to cover the newest car...stupid me and OUCH....I heard employees at RCA have cracked windshields :-(

I was leaving the Alamo Drafthouse on Lake Creek when the weather started to blow in.... Actually contemplated stopping by RCA on the way home (S Austin). Took, Mopac and was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. Managed to get off in time to get to my sister's house before the hail hit. Only got pea sized - could have been much worse if I actually stopped at RCA or stayed on the highway.