Just found Austin Reef Club!

ReefPug

Hiya Robb! She rules the house that is for sure. ^_^

It is nice to see a nice little local reef community. I have been lurking around RC for quite some time and never knew that ARC existed.

The tank sits at the corner of two sofas so that you can sit with your face like 6" away from it at 2 different angles. Everything has taken off since the first pics and nearly doubled but you get the picture.

The reason for the desired upgrade....

I have been running this one with very minimal equipment. No skimmer. Just a canister filter, two Koralia pumps and a heater. I have only a few fish - Clown (was a gift), firefish, blue damsel and a six line wrasse....because people would look at me funny if I had a fish tank with no fish. I really have always been in love with the corals.

So lately I have been looking to really up the coral collection and wanted the ability to also keep SPS....but I am thinking that this tank would not be worth upgrading (skimmer, sump, calcium reactor) and if I am going to do this bigger I might as well do it right the first time.

The reason for the desired upgrade....

I have been running this one with very minimal equipment. No skimmer. Just a canister filter, two Koralia pumps and a heater. I have only a few fish - Clown (was a gift), firefish, blue damsel and a six line wrasse....because people would look at me funny if I had a fish tank with no fish. I really have always been in love with the corals.

So lately I have been looking to really up the coral collection and wanted the ability to also keep SPS....but I am thinking that this tank would not be worth upgrading (skimmer, sump, calcium reactor) and if I am going to do this bigger I might as well do it right the first time.

I think you right, hold off on additional equipment and save the spending for the upgrade.

My husband favors more on fish and I on the corals, so we have to combine both. I think it worked out rather well.

Thanks! I was just looking at the tank and the Pulsing Zenia at the top of the tank has grown over 5x the size. It is completely shading the Acan and Blue Tubs at the top. I think it is probably time to do some pruning.

I have been researching tanks online...do we have any good places locally that fabricate?

I know the LFS like AquaTek, River City and Aquadome but I haven't seen anything quite as big as I want to go.

I want a metal stand and 3 sides starphire...in the 200gal range. Looking for something really clean that could be open top so I don't know what the options are locally.

I'm not aware of anyone who builds locally, but the Marineland folks make a couple bigger sizes that come with Starfire glass. I saw one at Aquatek ~6 months ago and it's a nice setup.

See: http://www.marineland.com/sites/Marineland...00&mid=3228

I'm sure anyone can order them for you.

Deep Sea Aquatics has nice stuff too. And of course, there is always AGE.

ACampbell.....Yes, I have seen that tank. It has the external overflow right? My hubby likes it alot - the stand and canopy were his favorite. I was really looking for something a bit bigger though. Where did you order the AGE originally?