blue spot jawfish

AndrewT

thinking about getting one. Anyone have any tips or advice on caring for theses little guys? Ive been reading a lot about them but ive learned you cant always trust what you read. ive read a few things that seem somewhat contradictory of each other. so i figured id ask here and see what kind of input id get.

thinking about getting one. Anyone have any tips or advice on caring for theses little guys? Ive been reading a lot about them but ive learned you cant always trust what you read. ive read a few things that seem somewhat contradictory of each other. so i figured id ask here and see what kind of input id get.

We just acquired a pair of pearly jawfish.....really cute but I hardly see them in the open water. I found where they burrow and I often check on them and place some food in their den just to get them fattened. They're doing really good and cleaning a small corner (piling the sand) you can tell where they're.

I've had a few and can say they are very interesting. Easy and hardy enough. Problem is that I lost one to jumping, one to an overflow, and one inside a blue ribbon eel. Watch the prices. Rumor is that they are harvested about once a year for a short period near Mexico. Basically the further away from that time of year, the more expensive they are. Try not to pay more that $90.

You can also add some PVC pipe buried in the sand, and release the fish into it. There is a good chance it will take up residence.

I have a yellow head jawfish who would not settle down in the tank and burrow out a hole. And my talbot damsels were picking on him. So I put some PVC pipe in the sand, with the opening in towards the front of the tank, and push him to it. Once inside the tube, he start defending it, and the damsels have left him alone. He has now put shells and rocks in the tube to his liking, and sometimes covers the whole at night with a shell.