Dual In-Line TDS meter

Jimbo

I was looking at the group buy section and there was talk about this meter from Marinedepot.com http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp...dproduct=RO1312

I have that same meter on my RO unit, works great. However, my daughter started playing around with the electrodes and got them all twisted from how they were originally. So, my question is, how are the 2 conductors inside the fittings supposed to be aligned? Meaning, does the water flow go past one, then the other (so when you look in the opening all you see is one conductor) or should I see both when I look in the hole, kinda like a fork. The TDS readings are different depending how I align them. There is also a dot on both of them, I assume from the original alignment, but that skews them a little from 90* in-line.

Hope that makes sense. I just want to make sure I get the right reading, since I can make it say "0" by turning it a little. Not the best way to achieve "0" TDS.

Jim

edit...seems that the language checker is blocking the word "f i t t i n g s" in the above post...not cursing here. :)

No idea, but once I get mine you are welcome to come look at it.  I live right around the corner from you.

Thanks...I'll take you up on that offer.

And thanks to you too Andrew. I was starting to think there was some new slang I wasn't aware of :)

No, it is actually a problem with marindepot's shopping cart. If you have put anything into the cart, it will take you to the last item you viewed. Use the number (RO1312) at the end of the link and search the site using that. It should bring you right to the meter.

Jim