Black percs mating?

AndrewT

Ive seen my clowns clearing out a area of sand in my tank. They've both been clearing out sand by a rock ledge and also been very protective of this corner of the tank. Should I be expecting frys soon? Also whats the best way to keep them safe. My wrassses will make lunch of them.

From what I've read, keeping the fry safe is a true magic act.... but if by some stroke of luck you hatch a few, I have an empty 12 gallon nano that has been sitting and waiting for the day when mine might finally decide to make some woopie! You are welcome to house the fry in it, if/when it happens.

-travis

Ive seen my clowns clearing out a area of sand in my tank. They've both been clearing out sand by a rock ledge and also been very protective of this corner of the tank. Should I be expecting frys soon? Also whats the best way to keep them safe. My wrassses will make lunch of them.

From what I've read, keeping the fry safe is a true magic act.... but if by some stroke of luck you hatch a few, I have an empty 12 gallon nano that has been sitting and waiting for the day when mine might finally decide to make some woopie! You are welcome to house the fry in it, if/when it happens.

-travis

sounds good im going to keep an eye on them... Anyone know how long the eggs take to hatch? Also do i just try and scoop them with a net?

Keep us informed and take pictures. Raising the fry is pretty hard from what I have read. It would be awesome if it works out though. Do you have an anemome for them?

Yeah I have a huge lta right next to where theyre laying eggs. Im hoping that maybe the clowns will keep them near the lta. If theyll stay close the may be ok. The clowns are very protective of the whole corner of the tank