Austin Area LFS With Live Corals?

pbnj

Last time I was at Gallery of Pets (over a year ago), they seemed to be getting out of the Saltwater critters.

No, Gallery of Pets is still well-stocked with SW livestock. Thanks for the other tip.

Some member said there were 12 lfs in the area but I think he was confused or making it up. I think the list here is fairly concise at this time.

They might have been including the handful of Petsmarts (or is it Petcos .. I can never remember) that carry saltwater fish....

Partners, Petland, Gallery of Pets, River City, Aquadome, Kingfish, Aquatek, Prof's Place, Rivers and reefs, pet connection, Austin Aqua Farms and you just lost out on Horizon and Deep Blue/Austin Aquariums.

Beefy Tang, you know you are still my best friend. It's just to bad you don't ever leave your house. Also there are at least 2 other people that sell only on Craigslist in Austin and there are a couple of other even more private locations that will sell to you but are mainly tank services, not retailers.

Of that list only 6 places are worth the effort. Aquatek, Aquadome, River City, Prof's Place, Kingfish and Austin Aqua Farms. One member pointed out that Darby's is quite nice, Not only is the store nice but the employees are beyond friendly. If you feel the need to visit San Antonio check out B&B Aquatics, Aquarium Designs and maybe even Polly's on the way out.

The Petland in Southpark Meadows did not look to carry any fish. In fact, the store was super tiny.

It make me sad, as my first job was at a Petland in Toledo.

I was referring to the one in Georgetown. I did not even know they opened one down south. The one in Georgetown was pathetic but they made the list because at one time they were selling corals.

I was referring to the one in Georgetown. I did not even know they opened one down south. The one in Georgetown was pathetic but they made the list because at one time they were selling corals.

I just went by last week petland isnt selling fish or coral anymore. Id check out profs place. cool stuff nice prices

Of that list only 6 places are worth the effort. Aquatek, Aquadome, River City, Prof's Place, Kingfish and Austin Aqua Farms.

While the key part of your quote may be "worth the effort", IF you are in the 183/Duval area I think the Gallery of Pets is worth checking out. Sometimes, esp. right after a delivery they will have some decent buys.

Bill

Partners, Petland, Gallery of Pets, River City, Aquadome, Kingfish, Aquatek, Prof's Place, Rivers and reefs, pet connection, Austin Aqua Farms and you just lost out on Horizon and Deep Blue/Austin Aquariums.

Beefy Tang, you know you are still my best friend. It's just to bad you don't ever leave your house. Also there are at least 2 other people that sell only on Craigslist in Austin and there are a couple of other even more private locations that will sell to you but are mainly tank services, not retailers.

LOL I knew I'd get that list out of you eventually. Thanks! ;-D

I used to go to Horizon and Deep Blue a lot. Man I miss them. And you're right, that I don't get out enough. I used to go to Starfire's every now and then. But the last time I was there, he turned his back on me for 5 minutes and in that time I had peed on his floor, tossed an alka-seltzer in his tank and was eating out of his dog's food bowl. He gave me one last chance to come over if I behaved but I was feeling bad.