Meeting Coordinator

caferacermike has agreed to get the ball rolling on meetings. Lets give him our support so we can get back in the groove. I know several of you posted in the previous thread that you are willing to host. Please let mike know either by posting again of by private message.

Yes we can have a meeting at your place, and yes I would seriously consider having a meeting at someone's home that was all about Pico tanks. A lot of our members could certainly learn something from a person crafty enough to keep the tiniest of tanks.

In fact Beefytang, I'd even consider having a meeting at someone's home that does not even have a tank. Whether your tank is 5g, 75g, 500g, or only exists within the parameters of your mind, the idea behind a meeting is not necessarily about the tank at the home of the host, but of the social aspect of the event. I'd really enjoy hosting a meeting at your best friends home that really wants to get started by having a potluck event where each member donates a small piece of of the pie and then assembles the tank for the new comer. Can you imagine the appreciation? Certainly wouldn't be the first complete tank I've given away, completely restored motorcycle I've given away, nor any different than the charities I sponsor every year.

So yes everyone is invited to host a meeting, and as far as I am concerned the meeting does not have to do anything at all with fish tanks. I'd really enjoy having some of our South Austin musician members host a party/gig for all of us. I'd like to learn about home brewing, certainly someone here would invite us over to teach us about it. I'm getting back into RC modeling, certainly other members share the hobby. So whatever it is that you are into, feel free to run it by me and we'll set a date.

Mike.

Sweet.com Mike! Congrats!

I can contribute some info about brewing(we could do it here, still have my stuff, but it's been a while though.)

Some thoughts on other meetings:

photographing your tank(Princer7/Gabriel)

getting Melev back down for one of his talks

a meeting at a store like before.

My only request, and it may be a bit unrealistic/unreasonable, would be to schedule them as far in advance as possible.

I work weekends and my schedule is set about a month in advance.

Robb

Mike,

I like your thoughts on socializing and fellowship, as opposed to showing off a display tank. I see nothing wrong with showing off a display that someone put together but it does limit the host group. I am happy to join as a member of ARC and look forward to gatherings.

Pat

Robb I think you've already figured out where this is all headed.

We've certainly been discussing making attempts at setting up another photography meeting. I'd really like to have a meeting at a store myself, I'd like to make an attempt to ask our favorite 3, Aquatek, AquaDome, and River City to consider allowing us to have a lock in one evening following the stores closing where we could shop and talk amongst ourselves. It's getting harder to get quality guest speakers to events, I believe your preferred speaker has yet again doubled his asking price. You never know what we might be able to work out.

For the first couple of events let's focus on getting the meetings to happen again. I have 3 homes that are definitely scheduling to allow us to visit. We will all need to thank them appropriately as they are announced. At this point we have not nailed down any real "themes" other than to come by and hang out. I want to keep hearing about topics or ideas that other members have or would like for consideration. I will be making a more appropriate thread in the coming days for all to voice those opinions at. Keep in mind that if you would consider granting us the space of your home for an event, you do not have to "host" the event. If you don't have a presentation to give or anything like that, don't feel intimidated from volunteering your space as we will figure out a theme for the event and put it all together.

I would be willing to host at some point later this year (August or after). ;)

Thanks, AZ.

So far it looks like Jan might not happen due to having a short announcement.

The short list, as I'm hoping:

Feb Renman

March JSR

April Azcummins

May Coast trip (crossed fingers)

June Prof

I'm really looking forward to my first meeting, as everyone I've met in this club so far has been awesome. I'll have to ask the wife about hosting. I did have an idea for a meeting theme or maybe just a program, how about a mentoring program and a pay it forward frag program?

• 1 month later...

Hey, in addition to being a pretty new reefer, I am also a tarantula keeper and breeder. I only have a 2 bedroom apt and limited seating, but people are welcome over. I currently have over 80 tarantula, and can even give babies away to anyone interested in the Tarantula hobby.

http://www.austinreefclub.com/style_images...ach_add.png

post-834-1235457666_thumb.jpg

Edited by KaceyJ

Hey, in addition to being a pretty new reefer, I am also a tarantula keeper and breeder. I only have a 2 bedroom apt and limited seating, but people are welcome over. I currently have over 80 tarantula, and can even give babies away to anyone interested in the Tarantula hobby.

http://www.austinreefclub.com/style_images...ach_add.png

Are they reef safe?

KaceyJ your photography skills are amazing! I'd like to see you take some pictures at the next meeting. Between you, Jennifer and the Jacksons ARC has some talent when it comes to taking photos.

Wow, Thank you. I have NEVER been told that. I am glad some one finally said something. I can not wait to get pictures of my 125gl up.