I've become addicted in just a few months!

A. A. Ron B

I started this hobby at the end of August. I bought a Red Sea Max nano thinking it would be nice to have my first saltwater tank with a few fish. Little did I know living half a mile away from the aqua dome would be my downfall. I didn't realize how much I would enjoy buying different corals. Somehow anytime I go to buy water I find my way upstairs and leave with several frags. Today I ordered an IM fusion 20 just so I could have a frag tank. I'm looking forward to learning more about reefing and finding people to trade with.

you can really go wild with them ( i have) but at a basic level, what you need is a 5 stage (mechanical, universal carbon block, RO membrane and DI canister) for a high quality DI water. BRS is pretty popular and they have some great videos on the subject. 

I'm assuming youre in Austin and have chloramines, which is what most water utilities use to sanitize their drinking water. Chlorine is a bit easier to deal with, but the setup will be the same either way.