Bringing corals and fish home from Conventions

Aspen

Hey everyone, what is the best way to bring home corals and fish from conventions in other states? Do most places mail the livestock to you after the convention? Do you set up holding tanks in your hotel rooms? Bring coolers?

I gotta know before MACNA 2017

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

When driving, I've known people to take frag tank setups and setup in their room. The alternative would be to have vendors hold your critters until you're ready to leave and then bag them. Alternatively you can take them straight to a ups store to ship them home.

At the last MACNA I went to I did as Mike suggested - I got all the vendors to hold my frags for me until around noon on sunday. Then I put them in a styrofoam cooler inside my luggage with a note on the cooler explaining what was in the bags. I know they got inspected and the note got read because everything was rearranged. Everything survived. When driving home from frag swaps in Houston I used a foam cooler and some hand warmers I picked up at Academy. I'll be going to MACNA in New Orleans and will use the same method.

Archived