Looking for ATO

Rconde

It depends on what you want to spend and how complicated you want it to be.

I've had an ATO by autotopoff.com going on 5 years that still works flawlessly. It's simple and can be purchased for $35+ depending on how complex you want it.

I recently bought a JBJ ATO link for about $70. It's pretty, and fancy, but has some features that aren't documented that i don't like (ex. by default it automatically shuts off after 5 mins even if your desired water level has not been reached)

What features are you looking for?

If you can find one, I would go with a normal tunze osmolator. Hands down my favorite ATO. The dual sensors work great and it has a pump included unlike the JBJ and most other ATO's.

We have a nano on a 20 gallon and it has a hard time keeping up because Tunze designed them with a limited topoff time as a safety precaution. Apart from that, I've gotten 3 normal osmolators for $75 - $100, no way I would pay $100 for a nano even if it was new. Just the removal of the optical sensor makes it a $50 ATO at best IMO.