temperature for a QT tank

bfrench

Yes, correct assumption on CP. It will kill your corals in no time as it'll kill all their photosynthetic symbionts and then the coral will starve to death and die. Also, to run CP, you'd have to leave the lights off as the UV will degrade it. If they don't starve to death via no zooxanthallae, they'll definitely die from no light. You'll at least have an algae free tank though! Eat that GHA!

I should be done with Ol' aggies tub in the next 3 weeks, oddly, he has my tub. I'll be dropping off his tub and once he's done with my tub, whoever needs it next is more than welcome to use it, I just ask that they are actually using it immediately and not just holding it as there may be someone else that needs it in the interim.

My wife just makes faces whenever she walks by the office. It isn't really approval but it isn't not approved either... I like to live right there in the middle.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife just makes faces whenever she walks by the office. It isn't really approval but it isn't not approved either... I like to live right there in the middle.

I live my life by this!!!!!! I should make this my sig.

• 2 weeks later...

So the QT garage experiment was cut short due to the pending move.

Water was used for a water change on the DT.

Lessons learned

1. Evaporative cooling works very well

a. Saw about a 6 degree drop in overall temp compared to no fan

2. If the garage is appropriately insulated to keep a lower overall temp or more stable temp the garage QT could reliably work. Maybe not as well during the central texas summer heat, but I was surprised that the temperature could be brought down to workable levels with the addition of a simple fan

Archived