i35 and falling frags of earth...

Isaac

Does anyone find it suspicious once you look at the log of events, that APD cant nail this pair of people? Its more than likely one thrower and one driver, who either lives in a dorm or in the apartments off rundberg or anywhere in between. Not to mention, the skill in calculating hits from those heights vs car speed either takes good calculations or a LOT of practice. There are never events opposite each other on the map at the same time, and the events occur to "travel" up and down in order more often than not. How hard is it to setup cameras pointed at the overpasses from both sides in this area? We have technology to make finding these guys possible, why isnt it being used? Why arnt the feds invovled at this point? its on an INTERSTATE, its more than likely hit cars from out of state, etc,etc. 2 years of this and nothing? come on. (tinfoil hat ppl: its the toll cartel's plot to make people use the toll roads! j/k)

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/144189169-story

(ignore the fact the whoever compiled that list doesnt know how to chronologically order crap)

well, date is recent to oldest, btu times are oldest to most recent, per day. ie. PM should be ontop of AM if they did this properly. Someone obviously copy/paste logs per day, adding new stuff to the top, and not the bottom. A competent person would have copied the data in order, then sorted to reverse order if they wanted most recent ontop.... they skipped a tiny step *lol* The most recent is actually the 12th line, not first line.

My guess is that the rocks are mostly being thrown out of cars. It's almost inconceivable at this point that nobody is ever identified.

I dont know, throwing these from another car w/ enough force to makes holes in the hood, you'd have to be throwing it from the other side of the road and have a pretty good arm to be able to throw some of these (some are a pretty good size). not to mention, how often do you see random rocks in the street... they seem to make contact more often than they dont.... which i think is why many still believe its from the overpasses. throwing it from the same side of the traffic flow would not have these damage patterns, as the rock would move at the same speed the car its thrown from. The only non-overpass incident was in round rock, which ended up being actual road debris and not part of this... so data still points to overpasses?

Yes and I am sure apd is doing what they can but there 83 cases since June check to find out how many other calls have happened since June guarantee 83 is just a small fractions of the apd calls during that time and if you don't call right when it happens or see who did it not much they can really do unless you want to float a bill for a 24/7 police officer right there which would be crazy expensive for the small percentage of calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My husband and I were talking about how unbelievable it is just last night. I don't understand how it's possible no one has seen the person/s doing it. I mean, if you're a car or two behind, you can even see someone throw a cigarette butt out the window in front of you! And is it only I35?

• 2 weeks later...

This reminds me of 2 weeks ago when a couple of friends and I were down at the green belt where barton skyway dead ends. There's a cliff that people jump off of down around the bend in the creek. Anyway, we went over there a few weeks ago and right after being up there for about 2 minutes a very large rock hit the cliff we were on and broke into about 4 big pieces. This was plenty big enough to send someone to the hospital and I doubt they were aiming at anyone in particular.

Anyway, it highlighted to me the fact that Austin isn't the same Austin I grew up and went to high school in. It seems like some one doing something like this would have been unheard of back then but as the city has become increasingly crowded I've noticed an increasing number of entitled people and folks acting like jerks. This is an extreme case.

I had to tell myself that i wouldn't smash someone I caught doing this in the green belt. It was totally some little ******* hiding in the trees throwing a rock just to cause someone some bs. I wonder what is even going through someone's head that does that.... or you know, throws rocks off of over passes onto cars. It's one thing to not care about other people... it's another to go out of your way to put effort into not caring about other people.

I've noticed an increasing number of entitled people and folks acting like jerks

nailed it w/ this, right there. no personal responsibility. not to get political... this is exactly whats wrong w/ the current election... on both sides!

Archived