Water sensors...what a life saver!

Jimbo662

If you don't have any type of water sensor on your tanks you should get one. I had just sat down to play a video game when my phone started going off with apex text messages. One of my floor sensors had tripped. Sure enough...I wasn't careful and hadn't tightened the canister correctly when I changed my GFO / carbon and one of them was leaking into the stand. Four towels and a fan later and I'm back in business!

Amen! I had mine go off the night before flying out to Palau at 2AM. One of my PVC connections had developed a tiny leak and was dripping into the stand. The drip had created a small puddle and it hit the sensor which tripped. I was able to patch the joint and enjoy my vacation knowing that it was fixed.

They sure are, but my accidents have all been in the laundry room where I mix the new saltwater. I usually run the waste water into the washing machine, so between that and filling the brute can, I've flooded the laundry room more times than I like to admit. Finally got a water alarm for in there. I also have ones hooked up to the apex under my tank. But if you don't have a controller, at least just having the regular, and cheap, water alarms is a good idea!

Mine has saved me twice in the last month, one detected my ATO tube that had somehow popped up over the edge of my sump and was dribbling water onto the floor. Mine aren't even hooked up to my Apex, they just emit a loud piercing whistle.

Not sure why but the price on them has skyrocketed, I think I paid $9 for a 2 pack. Check out the related links for cheaper versions:

41mx2%2BcUn9L.jpg

Leakfrog

And they're so cute.

Yeah, but at those prices switching to the connected apex sensor isn't much of a chance in cost while gaining me remote alerts.
They are more than you think. You have to buy the module first, then you can use the sensors.

Archived